Fair is fair . . . Georgia Democrats propose an anti-vasectomy bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cue
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
      No.
      Are you sure? It says "every pregnant female" would be required to have the ultrasound.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        Fixed.
        Suppose murder were legal, and the Republicans were trying to pass a measure saying anyone who murders has to get an anal probe. It would be a huge improvement, wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
          Are you sure? It says "every pregnant female" would be required to have the ultrasound.
          Yes I'm sure because it has to do with the procedure of abortion, not the morning after pill. The morning after pill iirc doesn't work after the egg has been fertilized; that usually takes a couple of days anyway.

Comment

The good news is more than half of voters are women and Republicans are dropping like stones in polls with them. I fully expect women voters to punish these bastards at the polls exactly how they deserve to be punished. Kiss 2012 good bye, GOP, you horrible human beings.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Lots of women support anti-abortion measures. As I pointed out before, the sponsor for that bill IS A WOMAN. Get your **** straight.

Comment

Jesus Christ, no. It is conceivable that ACTUALLY SEEING THE FETUS which has a VAGUELY HUMAN SHAPE might get people to change their minds. Abortions are a Big Decision.
                Yeah, and guess what? It's ENTIRELY her decision, sure as **** not yours, and no one gives a **** what you think about this private, personal medical decision so learn to mind your own ****ing business you smarmy little ****.

Comment

Suppose murder were legal, and the Republicans were trying to pass a measure saying anyone who murders has to get an anal probe. It would be a huge improvement, wouldn't it?
                  No. You'd just get a lot of "Family Values" Republicans murdering people to get their jollies after...

Comment

Lots of women support anti-abortion measures. As I pointed out before, the sponsor for that bill IS A WOMAN. Get your **** straight.
                    Here's a fact for you, Republicans have dropped by more than 10 points in the last two week among independent women. Suck on it, savor it, and realize you're on the wrong side of this, bucko. Even former RNC chairman Micheal Steel has said the GOP is going off the cliff on this one.

Comment

A woman said it, therefore it can't be sexist!

Comment

Have I once in this thread made a claim as to my stance on abortion? (Answer: no)

I'm not trying to argue that the Republicans are right. I'm just trying to argue that they aren't anti-female Nazis and that there is a legitimate logical thought process behind this policy, if you take the assumption that abortion is murder.

Comment

You've already failed at that due to extremely weak arguments. Now they are just gnawing at your carcass.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yes I'm sure because it has to do with the procedure of abortion, not the morning after pill. The morning after pill iirc doesn't work after the egg has been fertilized; that usually takes a couple of days anyway.
                            This one, but the Virgina house also has a "life begins at conception" bill pending which despite the contrary is aimed at making birth control, morning after pills, and, yes, abortion illegal even though the SCotUS has said it's illegal to make abortion illegal. Take about wasteful big government by the GOP.

Comment

Rather, nobody is willing to acknowledge that there is a belief which exists out there that many people hold that abortion = murder and all this talk of women's rights and whatever goes out the window if you think that's true. It is not a hard concept! This is just a bunch of left-wingers refusing to believe that their political opponents have any kind of legitimacy and willfully ignoring any argument or evidence to that effect.

Comment

Have I once in this thread made a claim as to my stance on abortion? (Answer: no)

I'm not trying to argue that the Republicans are right. I'm just trying to argue that they aren't anti-female Nazis and that there is a legitimate logical thought process behind this policy, if you take the assumption that abortion is murder.
                                There might be a logical thought process involving the assumption that abortion is murder that leads to bombing abortion clinics. The Nazis might have entertained a logical thought process based on assumptions at some point. So what?

Comment

Working...
                                X