Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
    Are you being serious?
    I would like Jon Miller to further explain the african american lifestyle that necessitates abortion.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
      Go back and read your own posts ****wit.
      Actually, he's right; you didn't contradict him at all.

Surprise, surprise, HC's position is the one based on a lack of any empathy or compassion towards actual living people.
      As has been stated in this thread it depends on your definition of living people.

I was surprised to hear Jon being an extremist, but for you its just standard GOP script line isn't it.
      I have no idea what the spectrum is like in Euroland, but in the United States there is absolutely nothing extremist about being against abortion.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
        I would like Jon Miller to further explain the african american lifestyle that necessitates abortion.
        I would rather that MRT144 continue to make **** up.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I was warned in Sweden by my friends not to be open about my pro-life stance (they started talking about it, then warned me about pro-life being unacceptable, so I just kept my mouth shut).

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
            Actually, he's right; you didn't contradict him at all.
            Except where he said something that was blatently untrue and I called him on it?

Originally posted by HC
            They are (rather, were planning on) mandating an ultrasound. Not a transvaginal ultrasound.
            This is not true. In fact its the opposite of true. They most certainly were mandating a transvaginal ultrasound which was why the gov felt the need to come out and say he could not support this.

Ffs, I even quoted the governor directly to reinforce the point..

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
              I would rather that MRT144 continue to make **** up.

JM
              Millions of babies get murdered because african-americans are lied to, and don't realize that they are killing their own children to pay for their lifestyle.
              What does this mean?
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Kentonio, HC DIRECTLY ADDRESSED THAT POINT. As he said, an ULTRASOUND was mandated, and before a certain point in time, that requires a transvaginal ultrasound. What HC was saying is that the purpose was to require an ultrasound, not require that women get something shoved up their vaginas. They can always just wait for the fetus to get larger, then get a transabdominal ultrasound.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent
                  As has been stated in this thread it depends on your definition of living people.
                  No it doesn't. Both HC and Jon have shown a complete lack of compassion towards living women who choose to have abortions.

Originally posted by regexcellent
                  I have no idea what the spectrum is like in Euroland, but in the United States there is absolutely nothing extremist about being against abortion.
                  There are people over here who oppose abortion but anyone who came out with the kind of rabid, extremist stuff we've seen in this thread would be rightly ostracised as a crazy.

Then again, we Europeans tend to find a lot of Americas cultural debates to be rabid, ridiculous and obnoxious.

Comment

• Nobody on the anti-abortion side of this debate has said anything that lacks compassion toward women when held in perspective with the fact that they think they are committing murder. Nobody shows compassion for Timothy McVeigh.

Moreover, the stuff they have said in this thread is significantly calmer than the rhetoric which is regularly thrown around in the public sphere by advocacy groups for both sides. It's been completely within the realm of the mainstream.

Comment

• I have roughly the same compassion towards a woman who has an elective abortion as I do toward a single mother who, after dealing with a colicky, screaming child for weeks and weeks, finally snaps and shakes the child to death in a frenzy of panic.

Was she under a lot of stress? Yes.
                      Can I understand why she did what she did? Yes, at least in the abstract.
                      Do I call her a bad person? No.

Did she do something very, very wrong? Yes.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Kentonio, HC DIRECTLY ADDRESSED THAT POINT. As he said, an ULTRASOUND was mandated, and before a certain point in time, that requires a transvaginal ultrasound. What HC was saying is that the purpose was to require an ultrasound, not require that women get something shoved up their vaginas. They can always just wait for the fetus to get larger, then get a transabdominal ultrasound.
                        Are you both just being deliberately stupid? Do you think the governor or Virginia just had to make a last minute change in stance for no reason at all? The reason for the huge uproar was being women were going to be forced to undergo transvaginal ultrasound even when it was not medically necessary. Brought to you by the same sick ****s who also included a passage in the bill requiring the ultrasound to be kept on a womans medical records for 7 years after the abortion. Cute huh..

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                          I have roughly the same compassion towards a woman who has an elective abortion as I do toward a single mother who, after dealing with a colicky, screaming child for weeks and weeks, finally snaps and shakes the child to death in a frenzy of panic.

Was she under a lot of stress? Yes.
                          Can I understand why she did what she did? Yes, at least in the abstract.
                          Do I call her a bad person? No.

Did she do something very, very wrong? Yes.
                          Except abortions are calculated decisions. No one has a panic frenzy abortion.

Comment

• Yes, I do think so, because the court of public opinion isn't known for its rationality.

xpost

Comment

Nobody on the anti-abortion side of this debate has said anything that lacks compassion toward women when held in perspective with the fact that they think they are committing murder. Nobody shows compassion for Timothy McVeigh.

Moreover, the stuff they have said in this thread is significantly calmer than the rhetoric which is regularly thrown around in the public sphere by advocacy groups for both sides. It's been completely within the realm of the mainstream.
                              Which just goes to show how sick and twisted the American 'mainstream' is becoming. Its exactly this kind of **** that got Tiller murdered in cold blood by those pro-life terrorists. McVeigh? What the **** is wrong with you.

Comment

• Pro-life activists blow up bombs because they have no other recourse for stopping the killing. It happens because democracy has been subverted by the Supreme Court.

The American mainstream has not become sick and twisted; it just hasn't gotten so ridiculously liberal as the European mainstream.

Comment

Working...
                                X