Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative Fantasy Baseball League -- join Berz' first!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative Fantasy Baseball League -- join Berz' first!

I don't want to steal anyone from Berz' league, so only sign up for this one if you are playing in the other one. You can sign up for his here:

I'm hoping to recruit five to ten managers (total = 20!) for Rototooters Roto 360. This league is inspired by Ron Shandler's Roto 500, which gives managers a fixed amount of money for 1) the draft and 2) all Free Agent Allocation Bids (FAAB) for the season. In this league the amount is fixed at $360 for aesthetic reasons and because a typical $260 auction + $100 FAAB = $360.

We also use different stats than standard leagues. I can't perfectly re-create Shandler's recommended stats for his Roto 500 system because Yahoo doesn't include all of them, so I've improvised. I've also tried to make the stats used more SABRmetically sound where possible (Net SB instead of SB, Quality Starts instead of Wins) and then I've added a couple that I think work in favor of specific game-balancing objectives.

On the batting side our stats are: On Base Percentage, Batting Average, Home Runs, Total Bases, Net Stolen Bases and Put Outs.

On the pitching side our stats are: Walks + Hits per Inning Pitched, Earned Run Average, Quality Starts, StriKeouts, Saves and Holds.

Rosters may be changed daily, and positions are set up so that every day teams field (theoretically) one complete MLB roster -- C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util/DH, SP and five P (relievers or SPs so that each team may get every potential start available. We have an Innings Cap of 1250. We have very deep benches, 15 active players and 10 on the bench. The philosophy of this league is that you are active.

You should be present for at least the first couple hours of the draft and you should be prepared to check in on your team two or three times a week to update your line-up and rotation. We want to see owners taking advantage of favorable matchups and actively managing their teams.

Part of the reason why we want so many owners is to ensure that even if half the league abandons their teams, it will still be pretty competitive down the stretch with five to to eight owners in contention. But if we have twenty really competitive managers, that would be something to see, eh?

Please register at Yahoo:
    League ID# = 8351
    password = pujols

Best in class Yahoo Mail, breaking local, national and global news, finance, sports, music, movies... You get more out of the web, you get more out of life.

Yahoo Fantasy Baseball. Create or join a MLB league and manage your team with live scoring, stats, scouting reports, news, and expert advice.

I'm in, was this AL only?

Comment

Is the time/day of the draft already set?

Comment

Sat Mar 24 8:00am CDT

Comment

Full league but hopefully 20 teams, which will make the player pool about as shallow as a one-league only league.

Comment

okeydokey

Comment

Working...
            X