The Get Me A Girlfriend in 2012 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Get Me A Girlfriend in 2012 Thread

A friend of mine hooked me up with a girl he works with. She wasn't willing to do a blind date but asked to 'facebook stalk' me (her words). She sent me a friend request earlier in the week (so I guess I passed the initial vetting) and I sent her a message after a day or two:

-Hey. You're the girl that ***** told me about, right? He told me you like the Giants. Are you doing anything for the Super Bowl?
    -Heyy! Yes, I am. Sorry if the friend request was creepy haha. And I love the giants. I'm not sure what my plans are yet. What about you?
    -I don't know yet. One guy I know had a super bowl party planned but I don't think that's happening now that the Packers aren't in it lol. I'll see.

Now what? I thought if she were going to one (which she still may), it might be a good idea to go to it (there's obvious pros and cons of our first meeting being in such circumstance). I'll see how she responds and keep you posted.

Let's get this done.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Go into a sports bar with her to watch the match. It'll help her not notice how creepy you are. I bet she'll have read this thread by then, though.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Efficiency is my credo; wasted effort my enemy.

I wouldn't bother if I were you.
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
        Go into a sports bar with her to watch the match. It'll help her not notice how creepy you are.
        Why would anyone think he's creepy ? I'm sure someone who posts this in the music thread would have no shortage of honeys flocking to his crib for some hot love action:

Tyler the Creator sure loves rape. Another song about raping a woman
        ****ing genius.
        Al B Celibate

I won't quote the lyrics because a: they're vile
        b: they're banal
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I have a friend who can top that easily. He's absolutely obsessed with rape, and makes rape/sexual abuse jokes basically every day. And that's just the start. He's also a grown man with strong opinions about children's TV shows, including Hannah Montana. He's been in mental institutions several times. He's a total egomaniac incapable of holding an extended conversation which isn't centered on himself. He's somewhat overweight, sweats, fidgets constantly, and of course rants and rambles at the drop of a hat. He drinks more than he should, has no career prospects, no tact, no sense of style. He swears like a sailor and typically comes across as flamingly gay (though he's only slightly bi). Oh, and he won't hesitate to tell a woman about any and all of his past adventures, no matter how horrifically inappropriate.

Why am I telling you all this? Because even he has had, to my knowledge, two long-term (not stable, but long-term) relationships with women, in addition to a number of dates and short flings. From this, I conclude that Al's problem must be one of the following:

1. Insincerity. My friend is, at least, impeccably honest and straightforward. He's always himself. Al keeps asking us how he should act; perhaps he's coming across as phony?
          2. Relentlessly going after the wrong women. My friend did this at first, when we were at college together, with often hysterical results. Al could stand to have somebody experienced, who knows him IRL, tell him what kind of girl might like him.
          3. Maybe he's just boring in person. That's almost the only other fault my friend doesn't have but which Al might.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

It sounds like she's fishing for an invitation to do something for the Superbowl. Don't disappoint her.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
              It sounds like she's fishing for an invitation to do someone for the Superbowl. Don't disappoint her.
              fixed
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

It sounds like she's fishing for an invitation to do someone for the Superbowl, so I expect you'll disappoint her.
                Fixed further.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  It sounds like she's fishing for an invitation to do something for the Superbowl. Don't disappoint her.
                  Except that Alby was fishing for an invitation to do something for the Super Bowl, hahah. You shouldn't have brought up the Super Bowl unless you had plans and an idea of what you could do with her. Don't expect her to invite you somewhere. Now you better think of something quick.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Hmm, planing and thinking up something quick hasn't seemed to be Alby's strength. (based on many many threads)
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Call up your Packers fan friend, (discount) double check if he is having the party or not. If not, then pick a sports bar.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Heck he should invite her over to his place for a more intimate party. That way he can scare her away earlier in the process and avoid the normal angst.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                          Call up your Packers fan friend, (discount) double check if he is having the party or not. If not, then pick a sports bar.
                          Oof.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Is this poly's worst thread ever? That's a fierce competition, I know, but I mean...really? Help me get a girlfriend, poly! I trust in your wisdom!
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                              Is this poly's worst thread ever? That's a fierce competition, I know, but I mean...really? Help me get a girlfriend, poly! I trust in your wisdom!
                              Until he calls us all retards because he won't do what we suggest.
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                              X