Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rising empires, a new civ-like turn based strategy game for android

Hi everybody,

My name is Peter and I'm new to apolyton (but I've been playing Civ since mid-90 or so). I really love Civ and building up a nation from scratch. I never really enjoyed civIII and civIV but with CivV I got caught again...

Anyways, I hope I don't break to many rules here but I would like to to mention an Android game project my brother and I are working on. It's called Rising Empire and is a empire building game in a fantasy setting. Here comes a short description of it:

Rising Empires is a massive multiplayer online turn-based strategy game in a fantasy setting intended for Android phones. The goal of Rising Empires is to expand and strengthen your empire by developing your cities and research new technologies.

Six races with unique abilities struggle to survive on the Surface and deep in the caves of the Netherworld. There is a constant conflict for territory between empires as well as in between their demanding gods! A rich technology tree allows each player to mould his empire and troops to suit his playing style. All empires play in the same world and interact with each other.

We've been working on this for about a year now and we are getting closer and closer to the first beta. There is a lot of screenshots showing how the game has developed on our website: risingempires.com. Please have a look if you're interested.

Best regards,

Peter

You don't seem to be a spam bot, but this would be best in the other game section.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Hi Jon,

I'm not really sure but I don't think I'm a spam bot. Perhaps a nice moderator could move the thread if needed...

Cheers!

Edit: I just found that it already had been moved...

Comment

I looked out of curiosity. It looks interesting but I don't have an Android phone so .....

Anyway, anyone reading this who does have an Android phone, it's worth a look.

Comment

I'm a spambot.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            I'm a spambot.
            You definitely are, with a post count of 22498...

On our website, risingempires.com, we've now presented the fifth race in Rising Empires - the Humans (yes, every fantasy game has this race and we want to have it as well).

Cheers!

Comment

I am also happy to change the title for you.

Something like "rising empires, a new civ-like turn based strategy game for android" might serve you better. Of course, you maybe can change the title yourself.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                I am also happy to change the title for you.

Something like "rising empires, a new civ-like turn based strategy game for android" might serve you better. Of course, you maybe can change the title yourself.

JM
                I would be happy if you could do this. It doesn't seem like I can do it myself...

Cheers!

Comment

A new issue of the Norberg bulletin has been published. In this issue we discuss our experiences from the new alpha test:

Just in time for the one year anniversary of the Rising Empires project we started our first ‘real’ play test of Rising Empires. A lot has been happening during 2011 and although progress hasn’t been as quick as we originally thought we are getting closer to completing Rising Empires. Or to quote Johan J, “The game is fully playable but some parts are not complete yet, there are hints around the game of missing functionality.” This issue, the eleventh, of the Norberg bulletin is a report of the first 20 turns of the play test...

The bulletin can be downloaded at the Rising Empires forum (risingempires.com).

Cheers!

Comment

Hi everybody!

I just thought I would post a short update from the upcoming fantasy strategy game Rising Empires. We started our first small beta test three weeks ago. Since all empires started very close to each other we have already started to see the first conflict between an Ende and a Krant empire. We are looking forward to more conflicts as we need to continue our tests of the combat routines.

It's important to evaluate how the different races fare against each other but this is hard to balance correctly with all their non-combat abilities. The different mechanics and abilities of the races makes them all unique, the best way to play a Krant empire might be a poor way for a Dwarf empire. And this goes for all the races except for the Humans which are good at adapting to most play styles.

In the beta I play a Dwarf and a Krant empire and I can't escape the fact that these two races are the opposite of each other. The Krant increase in numbers increadibly quick compared to the Dwarves but in combat they will be slaughtered like the bugs they are. The Ende are, perhaps, even more combat oriented than the Dwarves but with their limited numbers (the majority of their population is Greenskins) it's a question if you dare muster them all and sending them out to wage war?

Another interesting fact with the Dwarves are that they start with assets both in the Netherworld and the Surface. The capital and town is connected by a cave opening which makes their two starting settlements very strong combined. But it also makes them vulnurable as they will face potential enemies on both levels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shot28.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	9092944

Johan and I already think that this beta test has been very valueble. We've received good comments on how Rising Empires functions and two of our beta testers has also tested it on their tablets with good results. We wait with excitement on the first evaluation of the game play as well. Up til now most comments has been on functionality (or lack of in some cases) and very little on game play. Rising Empires is a massive multiplayer long term strategy game. Rome wasn't built in a day and it will be the same for empires in Rising Empires.

If you want to know more more or look at screenshots please visit us on the web at risingempires.com.

Cheers!
                    Last edited by Netherlords; March 15, 2012, 10:48. Reason: Added image of a Dwarf start position...

Comment

I am not currently in possesion of a smart phone which can play this, but I wish you all the best in your project.

I read an article today highlighting how free phone apps can consume more than their fair share of battery life

Mobile applications which are supported by third-party advertising services typically use more battery power, a study suggests.

I think the criticism is mostly leveled towards games with in game advertising using 3g (and therefore battery life)

Perhaps this is something you can consider in your development
                      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Hi Snotty!

Thanks. Our game, Rising Empires, is relatively nice to the battery. 3g is only used when uploading orders and downloading result files and these are small. There is no in game advertising.

Cheers!

Comment

A new issue of the Norberg bulletin has been published. In this issue we discuss our experiences from the first beta test:

Welcome to issue 12 of the Norberg bulletin. Time flies by, and the first beta test of Rising Empires has ended. Our beta testers have come up with many good suggestions and ideas; some of them have already been added to the game. Heaven, where gods make war upon each other, is also discussed briefly.

The bulletin can be downloaded at the Rising Empires forum (risingempires.com).

Cheers!

Comment

This is not Sims! Rising Empires is a civilization building game in a fantasy setting. It's up to the player how he roleplay his leader, may it be an Emperor or an Empress, and what kind of social structure his empire has.

Comment

I'm actually downloading this on my phone right now. It was the video at their website which hooked my interest.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X