Feeling nostalgic for CTP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling nostalgic for CTP2

Anybody out there know the best way to get a copy of this?
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
    Anybody out there know the best way to get a copy of this?
    Download a copy from good old games.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Thanks for the info. I did as you suggested and have been having some fun playing around but now I want to step things up and that takes some actual forethought on things like where to place cities and such. This brings me to a rather important question:

How is the cities growth, production and commerce determined? Back when I started playing this game, I imagined it was something like taking the total food, production and commerce from all the tiles inside the white border of a city and take some percentage of that based on the population of the city (and then, of course you factor in the cities buildings). Anyway, what I really want to know is is it wise to use a stategy to minimize city overlaping or use the time tested ICS strategy of CivII?
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

It is something like this, except that the outer ring of the city is not completely used. So if you have a first ring city and you only have six workers then only 6/8 of the resources out there are collected. If you have two rings but only six workers, you turned the rest of the workers into entertainers for instance than only 6/8 is worked of the first ring the second ring is not used.

Then on those raw resources all the boni from the buildings, your government, workday, and whatever are applied and you get the stuff.

Unfortunately, the city manager in the default version is not very helpful, since it gives I think for gold the resources as raw and for the rest as processed or whatever.

Anyway for empire expansion, you have to keep in mind that the third ring is relatively late available in the game, so probably it is the best to settle the cities so that they have at least space for two rings. Even so the cities get bigger and produce more later in the game, the resources are still missing at the beginning, so it is better to settle more compact. Another thing to consider is that city size is capped at 60, so it doesn't make sense to grab all the available land for a city, so you can settle more compact anyway.

How compact, meaning where is the lower limit I don't know, at least the lower limit that makes sense. You cannot settle within the borders of a city, so you have at least one tile between two cities.

Probably if you wanna reduce the success of ICS then you would have to make cities so expansive that they need a certain number of tiles to cover their costs.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

This is very nice post thanks..!!
          Last edited by nawaz; January 7, 2015, 12:59.

Comment

Working...
          X