NBA 2012, when does the season start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah View Post
    So Alby, are you going on record as saying they'll lose to the 76ers?
    I just want to know so I can abuse you when they win. (and I'll expect the same if they lose).
    Yes. The 76ers will be advancing.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Deduction for waiting until the next game is over to post.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        Deduction for waiting until the next game is over to post.

I didn't see rah's post.

Plus, April 29th:

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

They're not getting past the Sixers without Rose.
        So I made it clear what I thought.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Noah doubtful for Game 4.

Comment

And with him out I am losing hope for this series. They had game in hand at start of third quarter and then went cold shooting. But maybe it is best they go out early and get healthy for next year. But I'm upset with Luol's decision to play in Olympics and then have the surgery. That will not endear him to Bulls fans. His first priority should be to the Bulls esp. knowing Rose will miss at least two months of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
              And with him out I am losing hope for this series. They had game in hand at start of third quarter and then went cold shooting. But maybe it is best they go out early and get healthy for next year. But I'm upset with Luol's decision to play in Olympics and then have the surgery. That will not endear him to Bulls fans. His first priority should be to the Bulls esp. knowing Rose will miss at least two months of the season.
              So I was right about Da Bears post-Cutler and also right about the Bulls. You guys look through such Rose-colored glasses.

Comment

3-1

Comment

Bulls missed early open close shots and made some bad turnovers in this game but so did Philly. So, (and once again I know I'll get **** for this), it comes down to free throws where there are 22 free throws made by Philly and Bulls only get to foul line 14 times!

:wtf:

I saw at least four plays where Bulls were getting mugged under the basket, no foul is called, same thing happens on other end and there is the whistle. This was a veteran crew and you have to expect a lot better from them. These two teams are evenly matched when Rose not in lineup but there were not given much of a chance, esp. down the stretch in these last two games. Look at the stats - Bulls won every category except turnovers.

And Alby, I don't agree with your post. Bulls are much better with Rose and equal to Philly without him. Plus in this game they also didn't have Noah. We expect that if the back ups play decently our teams can win the game, as they did in regular season. Unfortunately, they haven't done so in both cases.
                  Last edited by Demonbinder; May 6, 2012, 17:19.

Comment

In all fairness Alby, when Cutler went down, our optimism was still high, and then Forte went down. That finished them.
                    Similar, Rose went down and we didn't think it was quite the end, and then Noah went down. That didn't help at all.
                    So yes, we were looking through rose colored glasses, but additional injuries impacted the outcomes considerably.

Not a good last half year to be a Chicago fan.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Great article by Michael Wilbon: http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...-legend-curses

Yes, this is how it feels for us.

And I was at that Bears game where Sayers got hurt. One of the worst days in Chicago sports history. I told my Dad that was it for his career when we saw him go down.

Comment

Yeah it's too bad that they didn't have the techniques they have today.
                        The doctor that did his surgery was a member at the CC where I caddied growing up. I remember another boy getting a thorn in his foot and "that doctor" went over and cut a hole the size of a quarter in his foot to get it out, and all I could think was "no wonder Gale never played again"
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Love how demonbinder goes into the 'playing against the refs' excuse to go along with the injury one

Comment

While some of the refs decisions seemed a bit inconsistent at the end there, the Bulls should have played good enough that it shouldn't have mattered.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm just saying those are the excuses almost every fan gives. He says the same things when the Bears lose, too, that the refs did them dirty.

Comment

In the NBA, in the absence of superstars, the more aggressive team tends to get any imbalance in the calls.
                                Especially down the stretch. Especially at home.

I think that's all that's happened here. The Bulls are on their heels, and that shows up in a number of ways. Free throw disparity, for instance, is the result of playing style much more than the refs.

I am not among those who believes the Bulls played well enough to win either of the games in Philly. The 76ers have tons of confidence right now, so it would be no surprise to see them finish the 4-game blitz tomorrow.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X