NBA 2012, when does the season start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    I'm just saying those are the excuses almost every fan gives. He says the same things when the Bears lose, too, that the refs did them dirty.
    Do I say it in every game? No. Only where there is a really bad missed call or large discrepancies in amount of calls. Just be consistent on both ends of the floor and don't let the biases of home court, more aggressive play and down the stretch, etc. get in the way.Refs can make a difference in the way a game goes and there are times when they can be blamed.

Comment

What an ugly game last night. Now, if Bulls can pull out a win in Philly.... Just want to see more basketball.

Comment

*crickets*
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

*free throws*
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

What was CJ thinking? Passing it to a 51% free throw shooter?

Comment

They gagged bigtime in that last minute. That's what happens when the majority of your starting lineup is on the bench in crunch time.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Speaking of gagging big time, Miami does it again and loses home court advantage. Will they even make it to the conference finals??

Comment

As much fun as it was watching him miss free throws, and seeing Miami lose at home, the game probably just served as a wake up call for them.
                  They were cruising in the first half, and could have put Indy away for the season... but then they let themselves get ruffed up. Indy pulled a "Detroit Bad Boys" on them, and they simply couldn't deal with it. They just aren't that kind of team... I'm sure they will make adjustments and won't let that happen to them again.

But yes, it would be great to watched them get knocked out
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Derrick Rose out 8-12 months.
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

*sigh*

Yes, that was quite frustrating. He probably won't be coming back to the same team. Hopefully the young stud that we drafted the rights to will be done with his contract and able to join us.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Miami got their wakeup call. I'll be shocked if Indy wins another game. Even if Bosch is out.

Comment

How about the Lakers getting blown the hell out by OKC?

Bulls out, Mavs out, Lakers look suspect, Celtics look old... if the Heat get knocked out, I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down to something no one expected like Sixers and Clippers

Comment

Love that OKC won and hope they make it all the way. Don't know why I like them, but better than the Lakers.

Comment

Alby --

First, the Clippers are poorly coached. They have no shot. So put that thought out of your mind.
                              And Boston may be a little old, but the talent gap with the Sixers is considerable. Hell, Indy might have more talent.

I would personally love to see an NBA title land in a place like OKC, but don't sleep on San Antonio. All they do is beat you. Like a machine. And they have the best coach still standing in Popovich.

The Spurs are officially my pick at this point.

Comment

Miami scoring by quarter:

1st: 26
                                2nd: 17
                                3rd: 12

Not a great trend if you want to win a game and not go down 2-1.

With 2:46 left in game they wave the white flag and take out the starters. That would be great if Indiana did knock them out in this round.
                                Last edited by Demonbinder; May 17, 2012, 21:35.

Comment

Working...
                                X