Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should the Colts strategy be for next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should the Colts strategy be for next season?

A poll at ESPN.

Spoiler:
    Draft Andrew Luck, keep Peyton Manning = 52%
    Draft Luck, trade or cut Manning = 24%
    Draft another player, keep Manning = 6%
    Trade No. 1 pick, keep Manning = 19%

Spoiler:
    My first inclination is almost overridden of a purge of the front office. I can almost see them trading the pick and gathering a plethora of picks, picking up Robert Griffin III later and rebuilding their defense.

What do you think?
    Draft Andrew Luck, keep Peyton Manning
    25.00%
    Draft Luck, trade or cut Manning
    25.00%
    Draft another player, keep Manning
    0.00%
    Trade No. 1 pick, keep Manning
    50.00%
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Well it looks like the 24% option is what's going to play out.

The first thing on their agenda will be losing to the Bears on week 1
    Last edited by rah; April 19, 2012, 15:28.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't know understand why the Colts are being so coy about their pick.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Traditionally, it's negotiating leverage. But as of today, coy they are not. It's Andrew Luck.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Colts have informed Stanford QB Andrew Luck that he'll be the No. 1 pick in the draft.

The Colts tried to work out Robert Griffin before the draft, but he politely declined and is headed to the Redskins after a blockbuster trade up with the Rams. "(Luck) is the first pick in any draft I have been a part of," one 20-year veteran NFL scout told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. "He might have been picked ahead of (Peyton) Manning. He's not a (John) Elway arm. Neither was Manning. If you were just taking him and Peyton out of college they have very similar characteristics and careers. Luck would have been faster and stronger than Peyton."

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
        Apr 19 - 10:05 AM
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

So, I'll bet that, as usual, even though they've told him he is the first pick, they will still use most of their time when the draft starts. That has been a trend in previous years where they posture like they will listen to offers even though they've made it clear what will happen.

Comment

Which is stupid.

Comment

Hey, there's a chance the Redskins will give them 6 future first round picks to move up one spot.
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
              X