file for city names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• file for city names

Does anyone know if there is a text file for the city names and where it resides? I would like to add/alter the city names of the Americans. I have looked through the text files in game data but could not find it.

Thanks

ctp_data\english\civ_str.txt

Have fun :3

Comment

I mean you don't get crack.

Comment

Alright so this is how to add city names, leader names, etc. but how do you add civilizations, or is that a whole other ball of wax?

I would imagine you just replace one of the 2 possible civilizations in the famous civ_str file?

What I would like to see is a change in leader name during the game: no leader is going to last 7,000 years... (4,000BC ~ 3,000AD)
        Last edited by mwmoriarty; December 12, 2014, 14:15. Reason: Adding to my comment/query

Comment

I already knew Where the Civ_Str file was at. but thing is i Have two Scenarios saved on my Computer and in both scenarios player 1 is the Americans. In one scenario its a 24 Civ game on the Global but in the other game its a 4 player Scenario on the USA map. When im playing the 24Civs global version i Rename Washington DC to N.East Sts. And the Boston and Philadelphia are my Colonies which can be both Sea and Space. My colonies will be named after cities i cant build because my country is not large enough to hold them. The next thing i do after Renaming Washington is to Found the city of New York either in Space or sea then i build San Francisco in its real spot. then comes Atlanta and Chicago also in there real spots. after this i use a settler and build Richmond in its real spot. But then i rename Richmond to Washington D.C. and then i begin build my capital there and eventually the Emancipation Act wonder. I then build San Diego as either a Sea city and all of the remaining cities of the 30 on the list in the Civ_Str file.
          Last edited by jonathan1980; May 25, 2014, 21:17.

Comment

Yes now im having a good time renaming countries in my scenarios but i made a mistake. I renamed the chinese the Canadiens and now im thinking i cant to keep the Chinese Civilization. Which other civilization should i rename Chinese becuase i need Canadians and i don't want them to be called Chinese. In this game and a also need Slavic Countries Civilization and i renamed Slavic countries to Scotland. Because Scotland is a Large country on one of my CTP1 scenarios.

Comment

to jonathan1980: you could have more than one version of your civ_str file, like civ_str_ch for the one with Chinese included and civ_str_ca for the one with Canadians, etc and then just rename the version you want to civ_str just before playing the scenario.
              Last edited by mwmoriarty; December 12, 2014, 14:16.

Comment

Indeed, why haven't you corrected me then?

ctp_data\english\GAMEDATA\civ_str.txt

And I 'spose "english" is to be substituted depending on what language version you're playing... Which I also suppose could be used to alter names by simply switching language version. As for the scenarios, I've never really explored this feature as it seems unfinished.

Comment

Working...
                X