Clear All

• NFL Playoffs

SAT 1/7

Houston 34 Cincy 24
    New Orleans 38 Detroit 31

SUN 1/8

Tebow 16 Pittsburgh 13 OT
    Atlanta 27 Giants 23
    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Seriously??????

Tebow sucks and Atlanta cannot be trusted
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Tebow time.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Atlanta is going to get rocked.

Tebow could probably beat the Bengals, Texans, and Ravens (because of Flacco). Playing PIT is going to be tough.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Especially if he plans on going 6 for 22 again.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

On the bright side for Tebow, there'll be no Ryan Clark, no Mendenhall, and Roethlisberger is banged up (watch out! Von Miller and Dumervil are dangerous). It'll be tough going but it's not inconceivable for the Broncos to win. If PIT can't run and Roethlisberger is limping and under pressure from Miller and Dumervil, Denver could pull it out.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

These are the lines:

Bengals +3
              Lions +11
              Falcons +3
              Broncos +9

Interesting that the Lions are viewed as bigger underdogs than the Broncos but I guess cause the Broncos are at home.

The huge Lions line makes me wonder about Seattle last year against this same New Orleans team... but while I was confident enough in Seattle to actually bet money, I don't see how the Lions can beat the Saints. The Saints can throw at will, can run well, the Lions are vulnerable to outside runners like Sproles, blitzing Brees does nothing because of his short passing game and the presence of Sproles, and the Lions' only strength is Stafford to Calvin Johnson. If Matt Flynn could throw for 480 and 6 TDs on this defense, I shudder to think what Brees can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                Lions +11

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I'm not picking scores, but I'll make some guesses at winners:

SAT 1/7

Houston vs. Cincy
                  New Orleans vs. Detroit

SUN 1/8

Tebow vs. Pittsburgh
                  Atlanta vs. Giants

Comment

Cincinnati at Houston
                    Detroit at New Orleans

Pittsburgh at Denver
                    Atlanta at New York Giants

Comment

Cincinnati at Houston
                      Detroit at New Orleans

Pittsburgh at Denver

Comment

I was the only one here last year to pick the Seahawks over the Saints. I'll probably be the only one to pick the Broncos over PIT. Let's get it.

Comment

The first two, I'm less sure. Houston has no QB.

Cincinnati at Houston
                          Detroit at New Orleans

Pittsburgh at Denver
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Straight up, no spread picks:

AFC -- None of these 4 teams will win more than one game.
                            (6) Cincinnati at (3) Houston, Saturday 4:30 ET on NBC -- two rookie QBs, two decent defenses. Bet the under.
                            (5) Pittsburgh at (4) Denver, Sunday 4:30 ET on CBS -- just to annoy Alby; Denver at home could be Tebow-y.

NFC -- These will be much more entertaining games.
                            (6) Detroit at (3) New Orleans, Saturday 8:00 ET on NBC -- easiest call of the weekend; Lions have a puncher's chance.
                            (5) Atlanta at (4) New York, Sunday 1:00 ET on FOX -- another anti-Alby pick. Both teams have been hot.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I think Detroit has more of a chance than you're giving them, even if the Saints are the best NFC team. Even if they lose, it will have been a hell of a year for them.
                              Nothing against Eli. Not a word said about the Giants; unless you want to count my calling the Saints the best team in the NFC. If so, rave on. Not you, Jr. Someone else.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X