1.21 Hack won't shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.21 Hack won't shut down

I installed ctp1 from a disc that had version 1.2 on it (Activision Value disc) then installed the 1.21 hack. It seems to work fine but will not shut down when I hit the quit button. I am trying this patch because of a problem with the plain install from disc. At the latter stages of the game on a gigantic map with 8 opponents the computer starts putting cities and units in the wrong places on the map and when you attack you get a "no such object" error and the game shuts down even when you have found where the computer actually put the city or unit. Help with either problem would be greatly appreciated. By the way I am working on an XP computer with 95 or 98 compatability engaged.

Thanks

Wow...never heard of anything like that! I've had the "ghost unit" issue, usually later in the game with many variables active, but never have I heard of an issue with shutting the game down. It sounds like a faulty install, to be sure, and I would recommend a full uninstall and deleting the old files to be sure the corrupt ones are removed. Also, are all files the same language?

Bruce

Comment

Yes all files are in english as far as I can tell. I know the cd is english and I believe the hack I installed from here is english. I did a complete uninstall/reinstall (except for saved game files) and still have the same problem. If you know a solution to the ghost unit issue I could simply use the cd as that was the problem I was hoping to resolve in the first place. Everything else worked fine on the install from the original cd.

Thanks

Comment

Well, I shut the game down to take a nap and thought I would quit and leave the computer running. Three hours later when I got up the game had shut down. So it was shutting down. It just was taking its time doing it. It shuts down but takes something under three hours and better than 10 minutes to do it.

Thanks

Comment

but never have I heard of an issue with shutting the game down.

Comment

It does exist, only it lasted for about 3 minutes tops on my computer back in these days (with added sound artifacts though). The solution is NOT to use win 98/95 compatibility.

Comment

Working...
            X