Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not bad, I can work with that.

Rank order?

New unique picks to fill the "holes" on the roster or move all former picks up and add unique picks at the bottom?
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
      Not bad, I can work with that.

Rank order?

New unique picks to fill the "holes" on the roster or move all former picks up and add unique picks at the bottom?
      New picks at the bottom. But I think that new rule improves the game
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
        I like this...
        Second.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Proposed rule change:

4. This list is to be sent by Private Message to Wezil for eligibility verification. DO NOT post your list in the thread. I will post the lists of all players at the start of the game in January. This prevents others from “poaching” your good picks. Only "late submissions" (see below) will be accepted after 31st December 2011.
          a) Late submissions will be accepted until January 15, 2012 under the following conditions:
          i) New players must submit a list of 20 unique (not picked in 2012) celebrities.
          ii) Returning players may submit their old team with unique picks filling any openings created by 2011 deaths. New picks are added to the bottom of the player's Rank List.

We have 20 players.

Do we have 11 in support?

I vote yes for 1.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Aye.
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I'll vote yes, however...

I'd also like to see a small late penalty (maybe '-25' points).
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

The unique picks are the penalty...

Comment

Let 'em in, hell. They can take my picks, if they want. It would be a stupid thing to do, but hey...
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'd like to see something to protect the on-time players from getting screwed by events in the news Jan. 1-15, which conceivably could create easy and unique picks for a savvy latecomer. Maybe their required unique picks don't get the unique pick +25 bonus?

I know it's a potential scoring hassle, but thought I'd throw it out there.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

They don't need to be unique to each others lists, I assume? I mean if Ozzy and embalmer pick the same person, it's okay. I even think they should, if they wanted, be able to pick any non-unique pick from other lists.

Aye.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                        embalmer missed out as well (power outage).

You guys shouldn't leave things so late.
                        Precisely. Thus, I think two weeks is excessive. A week should be more than enough to cover all but the most adverse of circumstances.

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        I'd like to see something to protect the on-time players from getting screwed by events in the news Jan. 1-15, which conceivably could create easy and unique picks for a savvy latecomer. Maybe their required unique picks don't get the unique pick +25 bonus?

Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I vote yes but I'm still pissed it's been a week and no one has kicked the bucket yet. I bet Margret Thatcher is going to live to be 120 just to spite me.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Aye
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

I am leaning toward some sort of penalty as I don't want late submissions to be a default option.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                                I vote yes but I'm still pissed it's been a week and no one has kicked the bucket yet. I bet Margret Thatcher is going to live to be 120 just to spite me.
                                We've never had a hit in the first week.

Comment

Working...
                                X