No announcement yet.

The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/18/2012 CAL MURPHY 79 sports Legendary Canadian football coach & GM.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• 2/21/2012 Pierre Juneau 89 entertainment The first chair of the CRTC (Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission) & a former CBC president, proponent of Canadian performing arts.
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• I had him as #3!

No, I didn't. That was a lie.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
          Hall of Fame catcher Gary Carter has died at the age of 57.

The former Montreal Expos star was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumour last May.

The 11-time all-star was the first player to go into the Hall of Fame with an Expos cap on his plaque.

A three-time Gold Glove winner, Carter’s single for the New York Mets in the 1986 World Series touched off one of the most improbable rallies in baseball.

His bottom-of-the-10th single in Game 6 helped the New York Mets mount a charge against the Boston Red Sox and eventually beat them.

Nicknamed Kid, Carter played nearly two decades with the Mets, Montreal, San Francisco and the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Gary Carter was 57 and a Unique Pick for ColdWizard (5).

= (171 - 5) + (100 - 57) +25

= 234 points.

With his second hit of the season ColdWizard takes the lead.
          I never even heard of that guy.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• That's one of those things that you really should have kept to yourself.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                I never even heard of that guy.
                I'm not a fan of MLB either.

My high school girlfriend liked the Expos so I heard of him.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I can't believe I left Mandela off my list
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• He'll be fine. This is his fifth year under my protection.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Mandela is expected to make a full recovery. ...damn...

Comment

• Unrelated, but Jrabbit, where did you get your avatar? Did someone draw it for you?
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Found it on the Interwebs. IIRC the Google image search was "grim reaper rabbit" or some such.
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• It's Leap Into the Grave day.

Will we have any takers?
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Davy Jones, lead singer of The Monkees. Heart attack.

RIP, Daydream Believer...

Comment

• Bump for Buck

'Band of Brothers' soldier Lynn Compton dies aged 90
                                Lynn D. "Buck" Compton, a veteran whose Second World War exploits were depicted in the HBO TV series "Band of Brothers," has died aged 90.

Compton died on Saturday in Washington state after having a heart attack last month, the family said.

In January, nearly 200 guests, including actors from the Second World War miniseries, attended his 90th birthday party, the Skagit Valley Herald said.

"To us he wasn't really a war hero, he was just a hero, period," Tracy Compton told the Herald.

Lynn Compton also is remembered for his legal career in California. He headed the team that prosecuted Sirhan B. Sirhan for the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy and was appointed to the 2nd District Court of Appeal in 1970 by Gov. Ronald Reagan. He retired from the bench in 1990.

He was awarded a Silver Star and a Purple Heart during the Second World War. But it was not until later in life that he became famous for his military service as a first lieutenant in Easy Company after the unit parachuted into France on D-Day in 1944. Historian Stephen E. Ambrose's 1992 best seller about the unit was made into the 2001 TV series.

Comment

Working...
                                X