No announcement yet.

The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadly, there will be no one left to post the totals. I believe the person with the most unique picks and the youngest roster would be the winner.

Note to Wezil: As the date of Mayan destiny approaches, you might want to do preemptive scoring for the "everybody dies tomorrow" scenario.

This graphic has been all over FB for awhile now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	truth-about-2012-mayan-calander.gif
Views:	1
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	9092687
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• DaShi - If the world ends on December 12th I'll give you 2000 bonus points and you can claim the win. Call it "The DaShi Award."
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Hooray! I know what I'm playing for.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Big hit with Etta James
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Etta James. Another great, gone.

RIP
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• One of things I don't like about this game: being right about people I like.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• RIP
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  One of things I don't like about this game: being right about people I like.
                  One last chance to pay respects. Nothing wrong with that.

Janis Joplin eat your heart out, Etta got there first.

Update shortly.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I was going to bump the thread with that yesterday but I figured no one would know who she was.

Comment

• And they're off!

We kick off the season with our #9 most popular pick Etta James. Ms. James was 73 and a choice of 7 players. First Blood Award of 25 points applies (unless we get a retroactive claim at some point). She was 5 days short of the Party Pooper Award.

Wezil (1) = (171 - 1) + (100 - 73) + 25 = 222 points
                      -Jrabbit (2) = 221 points
                      ColdWizard (3) = 220 points
                      MRT144 (4) = 219 points
                      Bugs ****ing Bunny (9) = 214 points
                      stonesfan (11) = 212 points
                      Guynemer (15) = 208 points

Comment

• I had her on reserve. DAMN IT!
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I was surprised she wasn't picked more often and particularly by you. She seemed such an obvious choice after you posted the news item in last year's thread and then you went and left her off your list...

Harper Lee was a popular pick elsewhere but not picked by any of our players.

Gary Carter was also popular elsewhere yet only ColdWizard picked him here. Carter was in the news again today and it wasn't at all good. He won't survive the year.

Comment

• Baseball Hall of Famer Gary Carter’s condition worsened this past week with the discovery of new brain tumors.

The Thursday announcement on Carter’s daughter’s, Kimmy Carter Bloemers, blog post shares the details of Carter’s past week concluding with the results of Carter’s MRI.

“This past week has been one of the hardest weeks for my dad,” Carter wrote in her blog. “Every day is exhausting and every move takes great effort.”

Carter had oral surgery on an open wound injury Jan 11 and tore his rotator cuff the following day during his fall in his doctor’s office, according to Bloemer’s blog.

Carter, 57-year-old Hall of Fame catcher and rightfielder, was diagnosed May 2011 with a brain tumor and has been undergoing treatment, according to Bloemers’ blog post. Carter went for an MRI last week in North Palm Beach, Fla., which revealed the development several new tumors.

“Yesterday [Wednesday], we were waiting in anticipation for dad's MRI results (since they were being sent to Duke) but were told they would be in today.... My mom received a phone call from Dr. V at Duke. I wish I could say that the results were good,” Bloemers continued.

Bloemers closed her blog thankful for the support from friends and fans alike quoting Psalm 28:7, where she is looking toward the Lord for her strength and comfort.

“I write these words with tears because I am so sad for my dad. Dr. Jimmy Harris will be coming to my parent's house this evening to talk to the family about the next step. I will continue to keep you all updated," Bloemer wrote. "Love to everyone and thank you for the prayers.”

– ANASTASIA MILLICKER, NEWJERSEYNEWSROOM.COM

Comment

• In other news, Robin Gibb is now in remission and doesn't look like such a hot tip any more.

Titanic Requiem – which will be composed by Bee Gees singer and son – will be played by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                              X