No announcement yet.

The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're good with quality just a little slow on deadlines.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• OzzyKP (Charon's Canoe) is registered and posted.

Notes - -jrabbit, Dinner and myself all lose a unique pick (Wouk, Ali and Graham, respectively)

Tariz Aziz is technically not eligible as he is under a death sentence however, as the death warrant hasn't been (and apparently won't be) signed by the Iraq President it is unlikely to be carried out. NOTE - There will be no points awarded for Tariq Aziz if he is executed.

One of your terrorists doesn't have a precise birth date listed (just 1963). Past practice has July 1st inserted when a precise date is unavailable.
      Last edited by Wezil; January 15, 2012, 11:21.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Embalmer Express is registered and posted.

Comment

• The rest of the opening posts have been updated to reflect the late entries.

Record number of players (22) and celebs (228) this year.

Zsa Zsa Gabor was picked by 16 of our players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
            OzzyKP (Charon's Canoe) is registered and posted.

Notes - -jrabbit, Dinner and myself all lose a unique pick (Wouk, Ali and Graham, respectively)

Tariz Aziz is technically not eligible as he is under a death sentence however, as the death warrant hasn't been (and apparently won't be) signed by the Iraq President it is unlikely to be carried out. NOTE - There will be no points awarded for Tariq Aziz if he is executed.

One of your terrorists doesn't have a precise birth date listed (just 1963). Past practice has July 1st inserted when a precise date is unavailable.
            Alright, I changed my mind. Don't let the late people in.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The rest of the opening posts have been updated to reflect the late entries.

I hope she makes it through the year.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Just for fun, I went back to see how many people on my original list for 2008 are still alive. There are 11, 6 of whom (marked by asterisk) are on my 2012 list; original rank order in parenteses. They are:

* Fidel Castro (2)
                * Kirk Douglas (4)
                * B.B. King (5)
                Angelo Dundee (7)
                * Jerry Lewis (11)
                * Nelson Mandela (15)
                Pat Summerall (16)
                Nancy Reagan (17)
                * Henry Kissinger (18)
                Muhammad Ali (19)
                Robert Guillaume (20)
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Interesting.

I think I have 15 still alive. All but 5 have since been replaced.

1. Ariel Sharon (Politician)
                  2. *Fidel Castro (Dictator)
                  3. *Billy Graham (Evangelist)
                  5. Al Molinaro (Actor)
                  6. *Louis Farrakhan (NOI)
                  7. *Jerry Lewis (Actor/Comedian)
                  9. Muhammad Ali (Boxer)
                  11. *Margaret Thatcher (Politician)
                  13. Sid Caesar (Actor)
                  14. Joni Mitchell (Singer)
                  15. Mickey Rooney (Actor)
                  16. Ernest Borgnine (Actor)
                  17. Gore Vidal (Writer)
                  19. Vera Lynn (Singer)
                  20. Keith Richards (Partier)

Classic beginner's list.

Comment

The rest of the opening posts have been updated to reflect the late entries.

I had her at least the last 2 years, and this year. She's a real ball buster.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Fidel Castro, Kirk Douglas, BB King and Nelson Mandela are the only ones I've listed all 5 years.

I was sure Castro was on his deathbed when we started this thing. (Of course, it being Cuba, he could have died a couple years ago and they just decided not to upset the public...)

BB King was near death in 2000; I know it for a fact. He's one tough old dude.

I think I've only had Zsa Zsa this year and last. Now with 16 of us giving her Poly Protection, she could live to be 100...
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I should have thought of Castro.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

I think I've only had Zsa Zsa this year and last. Now with 16 of us giving her Poly Protection, she could live to be 100...
                          It's a race to see if her life ends before her assets. The Prince has been busy selling stuff.

Comment

It's a race to see if her life ends before her assets. The Prince has been busy selling stuff.
                            On the + side of the ledger, he has also sold his 'royal lineage' three or four times, just as he bought his name back in the '80s.
                            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• What a creep.

Comment

• If the world ends on 12/21/12, then we all win. :cheer:
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X