Well, if you're seriously reminded of the Third Reich by a bunch of overbearing internet weenies, you don't know what the Third Reich was like. But no, moderation is basically comatose here, which generally works out fine. The rules, in practice:
1. Thou shalt NOT post porn.
2. Thou shalt NOT repeatedly threaten to physically attack another poster.
3. Thou shalt NOT advertise your site where we can get crappy little consumer goods no self-respecting nerd is interested in. Probably not other stuff either, but for some reason we always get bots advertising handbags or shoes or something.
4. Thou shalt NOT offer stolen software or other illegal stuff.
5. Thou shalt NOT insult family members of other posters.
6. Thou shalt NOT be horrifically, brazenly, persistently, deliberately offensive.
7. Thou SHALT stay somewhere sort of close to on topic for the individual board, except for the Off-Topic board where, of course, there is no topic to stay on.
Other than that it's all good. By #6, I mean stuff like responding to a post by a gay guy with "why don't you ask your boyfriend you disgusting butt-ramming poofter." That (or similarly primitive racist/other bigoted behavior) will get you a warning, and eventually get you banned if you don't knock it off. Other than that...well, if you post something really pointlessly stupid and offensive, but not racist (a really one-dimensional religious troll that doesn't metamorphose into a real discussion, say), it may be quietly disappeared on you. But that's rare. Generally even egregious trolls go unmolested, while bad troll attempts are allowed to sink. If you want a clearer picture, check out the Off-Topic forum, known as the OT.