The Alamo defenders were mercenaries for slavery and imperialism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    Think what you want, Al. I told you the plain facts. Why settlers were allowed into Texas. Decades before the War Between the States.
    No matter the time, slave ownership percentages were never high in Texas. Never. Texas has always believed in States Rights, though.
    Texas was an independent country. Why wouldn't the population believe in it?
    State's Rights

Slavery

Sloww

Al

Texas

Tennesseans for Texas

Stupid threads that don't take time to learn ALL the facts before vomiting stupidity.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I believe that Al has, embarrasingly, confused the Revolution of Texas with the Mexican American War. Texas revolted ALONG WITH TEN OTHER MEXICAN STATES:

Santa Anna dissolved the Congress and began the centralization of power. The regime became a centralized dictatorship backed by the military.

Several states openly rebelled against the changes: Coahuila y Tejas (the northern part of which would become the Republic of Texas), San Luis Potosí, Querétaro, Durango, Guanajuato, Michoacán, Yucatán, Jalisco, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, and Zacatecas. Several of these states formed their own governments, the Republic of the Rio Grande, the Republic of Yucatan, and the Republic of Texas. (Only the Texans defeated Santa Anna and retained their independence).

You may wish to try again.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

And this disproves that the Republic of Texas was created by slave-holders to retain their slaves how?
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

AL! It was actually created by Spain! You think Spain's hands were clean? Go do some more reading. Mexicans are nothing more than off-springs of Indian women raped by Spaniards.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The fact that 10 Mexican states left in protest of Santa Anna's consolidation of power indicates it may have been a "we don't want to be part of a dictatorship" thing.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              Mexicans are nothing more than off-springs of Indian women raped by Spaniards.

No need to go all racist in responding to stupidity.

Comment

Al might actually be right here although he forgot to mention religious bigotry as a possible source of rebellion.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  The fact that 10 Mexican states left in protest of Santa Anna's consolidation of power indicates it may have been a "we don't want to be part of a dictatorship" thing.
                  And yet, look at the Texas constitution. The circumstances might have precipitated a general revolt in Mexico but the Texans were still attempting to retain their slaves.
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

It's not racist, it's more facts. Mexico was inhabited by Indians, the Spain came to Mexico and they pillaged the Indians. That's the truth.
                    I think it sucks, but it's true. I don't have anything against Indians and really nothing against Spaniards.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      And yet, look at the Texas constitution. The circumstances might have precipitated a general revolt in Mexico but the Texans were still attempting to retain their slaves.
                      Did the Constitution come after the Revolution or before?

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                        Did the Constitution come after the Revolution or before?
                        March 1836. During the Battle of the Alamo.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          It's not a troll. It's real life.
                          QFT

It's shameful to see so many of you defend slavery. Best case scenario is that most of you are grossly ignorant of history.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            Al might actually be right here although he forgot to mention religious bigotry as a possible source of rebellion.
                            Good point.

Comment

Mexico permitted American settlement of Tejas on the condition that the settlers become Mexican citizens, accept Catholicism
                              I fully endorse a rebellion against such religious tyranny

Comment

Texas revolted over slavery. It's the only state to secede from two countries because it loved slavery so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X