Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 142

Thread: The Alamo defenders were mercenaries for slavery and imperialism

  1. #1
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Quantico
    Posts
    23,798
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 53 Times in 39 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    14:41

    The Alamo defenders were mercenaries for slavery and imperialism

    Mexico permitted American settlement of Tejas on the condition that the settlers become Mexican citizens, accept Catholicism, and follow Mexican law. When Mexico abolished slavery, the Texans took up arms and were joined by Americans like Sam Bowie (a slave-trader) to fight for their 'rights' to own slaves. After their defeat, the propaganda cry of "Remember the Alamo" was the rallying cry of American imperialism in the Mexican-American War.

    That building in Sloww's avatar is a stupid old building because it represents slavery and imperialism.

    Discuss.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

  2. #2
    Imran Siddiqui
    Sports Forum Moderator Imran Siddiqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 Dec 1969
    Location
    on the corner of Peachtree and Peachtree
    Posts
    37,296
    Country
    This is Imran Siddiqui's Country Flag
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 114 Times in 100 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    14:41
    You represent stupidity, but we still let you post here.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

  3. #3
    SlowwHand
    Deity SlowwHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Sep 1999
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    37,608
    Country
    This is SlowwHand's Country Flag
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 92 Times in 75 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    13:41
    A new low has been identified. As we discussed, Moron, Imbecile, Idiot and the new low, Alby.

    Alby, Spain gave authorization for Texas to be colonized and act as a buffer between Comanches and Mexico.
    It wasn't out of the goodness of their heart.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

  4. #4
    Lorizael
    Deity Lorizael's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Sep 2001
    Location
    Orion Arm
    Posts
    11,948
    Country
    This is Lorizael's Country Flag
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 116 Times in 83 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    14:41
    I'd argue against the building itself being stupid, except in the sense that I suppose it would do very poorly on an IQ test.
    Discuss the latest Civilization: Beyond Earth news here!
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

  5. #5
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Quantico
    Posts
    23,798
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 53 Times in 39 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    14:41
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowwHand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A new low has been identified. As we discussed, Moron, Imbecile, Idiot and the new low, Alby.

    Alby, Spain gave authorization for Texas to be colonized and act as a buffer between Comanches and Mexico.
    It wasn't out of the goodness of their heart.
    So? That changes what about the conditions placed upon the settlers? That changes what about their refusal to follow Mexican law and free their slaves? That changes what about slave-owners and slave-traders defending the Alamo and their defense being used as propaganda for the American invasion of Mexico?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

  6. #6
    SlowwHand
    Deity SlowwHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Sep 1999
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    37,608
    Country
    This is SlowwHand's Country Flag
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 92 Times in 75 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    13:41
    Everything you wrote is a crock of ****, Al. Why I even bothered to educate you at all is the only real question.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

  7. #7
    Ming
    NOT retired Ming's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 Dec 1969
    Location
    Mingapulco - CST
    Posts
    32,321
    Country
    This is Ming's Country Flag
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 45 Times in 30 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    13:41
    Yet another classic example of Alba's moronic views... but no real surprise to anybody that has seen any of his other posts...
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP Baron O

  8. #8
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Quantico
    Posts
    23,798
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 53 Times in 39 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    14:41
    The 1836 Texas Constitution, conceived during and immediately after the battle, states:

    SEC. 9. All persons of color who were slaves for life previous to their emigration to Texas, and who are now held in bondage, shall remain in the like state of servitude, provide the said slave shall be the bona fide property of the person so holding said slave as aforesaid. Congress shall pass no laws to prohibit emigrants from the United States of America from bringing their slaves into the Republic with them, and holding them by the same tenure by which such slaves were held in the United States; nor shall Congress have power to emancipate slaves; nor shall any slave-holder be allowed to emancipate his or her slave or slaves, without the consent of Congress, unless he or she shall send his or her slave or slaves without the limits of the Republic. No free person of African descent, either in whole or in part, shall be permitted to reside permanently in the Republic, without the consent of Congress, and the importation or admission of Africans or negroes into this Republic, excepting from the United States of America, is forever prohibited, and declared to be piracy.
    So not only was the sustainment of slavery a major goal of the Texas constitution, but slave-owners were not permitted to free their slaves by their own volition, nor were free Blacks permitted to reside in the country of Texas.

    Even during the long time that slavery was practiced in the United States, slave-owners always had the right to free their slaves and free Blacks were legally allowed to, and did, reside in the US. You could not be a free Black in Texas.

    Not surprising that a group of slave-owners and slave-traders would defend the Alamo for the sake of such a constitution.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

  9. #9
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Quantico
    Posts
    23,798
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 53 Times in 39 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    14:41
    Quote Originally Posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You represent stupidity, but we still let you post here.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowwHand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A new low has been identified. As we discussed, Moron, Imbecile, Idiot and the new low, Alby.

    Alby, Spain gave authorization for Texas to be colonized and act as a buffer between Comanches and Mexico.
    It wasn't out of the goodness of their heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yet another classic example of Alba's moronic views... but no real surprise to anybody that has seen any of his other posts...
    Keep 'em coming. I know I'm doing something right when all I get is personal insults.

    Keep believing your glorious white man pop fiction.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

  10. #10
    Elok
    Deity Elok's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Mar 2003
    Location
    Back in the U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,927
    Country
    This is Elok's Country Flag
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 163 Times in 109 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    13:41
    Trolling Sloww? Really? What, are you too chafed to masturbate anymore?
    1011 1100

  11. #11
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Quantico
    Posts
    23,798
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 53 Times in 39 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    14:41
    Quote Originally Posted by Elok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trolling Sloww? Really? What, are you too chafed to masturbate anymore?
    It's not a troll. It's real life.

    It started because he was scared to make an avatar bet about the Giants-Cowboys game because he wanted to keep his precious symbol of slavery as an avatar.

    But it's not trolling. This is real history, not whitewashed. Disturbing how even someone like Imran falls for the mythology, but I guess that makes sense. He wants to be a good ole boy so badly.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

  12. #12
    SlowwHand
    Deity SlowwHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Sep 1999
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    37,608
    Country
    This is SlowwHand's Country Flag
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 92 Times in 75 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    13:41
    Think what you want, Al. I told you the plain facts. Why settlers were allowed into Texas. Decades before the War Between the States.
    No matter the time, slave ownership percentages were never high in Texas. Never. Texas has always believed in States Rights, though.
    Texas was an independent country. Why wouldn't the population believe in it?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

  13. #13
    Elok
    Deity Elok's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Mar 2003
    Location
    Back in the U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,927
    Country
    This is Elok's Country Flag
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 163 Times in 109 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    13:41
    The truth of your argument (I can't be arsed to investigate since it was well over a century ago and I don't care) is irrelevant to its trollish nature.
    1011 1100

  14. #14
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Quantico
    Posts
    23,798
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 53 Times in 39 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    14:41
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowwHand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think what you want, Al. I told you the plain facts. Why settlers were allowed into Texas. Decades before the War Between the States.
    No matter the time, slave ownership percentages were never high in Texas. Never. Texas has always believed in States Rights, though.
    Texas was an independent country. Why wouldn't the population believe in it?
    Is there a reason why older people always do this? You do it all the time but I've noticed others do this. Sloww, nothing you just said is a response to anything.

    Slave ownership percentages were never high in Texas? Compared to what? Only a small minority of Southernors could afford slaves, after all, since being a slave-owner isn't exactly something a poor or average person can be. For the entirety of the South, James G. Randall and David Donald give "the total number of slaveholders in 1850 was o*nly 347,525 out of a total white population of about six million in the slaveholding areas."

    If Texas had a lower percentage than that, it could be explained by differences in agriculture. Regardless, the outlawing of slavery motivated the Texas revolt and the Texans made sure to bolster slave-ownership in their constitution of 1836.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

  15. #15
    SlowwHand
    Deity SlowwHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Sep 1999
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    37,608
    Country
    This is SlowwHand's Country Flag
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 92 Times in 75 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    13:41
    It was driven by States Rights, Al. "Older" has nothing to do with it, unless you're going to include the ability to reason in your analysis.
    Never high would have to mean in comparison to where other slaves were located, dipshit. It's kind of like comparing the wet of water to the wet of dirt if you do it any other way.
    I've already said before that the slaves that Texas had were Native American more then Black. Instead of being outraged for the Native Americans, you argue that I'm full of crap. So **** you. I'd say you're the one that's a bigot. You try and push your perception of reality as being factual. It's not. You're merely misinformed. Since you won't listen and comprehend, I'm not trying anymore. I really couldn't care less about your perceptions of reality.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

  16. #16
    PLATO
    Emperor PLATO's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Dec 2002
    Location
    The Occupied South
    Posts
    6,966
    Country
    This is PLATO's Country Flag
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 60 Times in 52 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    12:41
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowwHand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think what you want, Al. I told you the plain facts. Why settlers were allowed into Texas. Decades before the War Between the States.
    No matter the time, slave ownership percentages were never high in Texas. Never. Texas has always believed in States Rights, though.
    Texas was an independent country. Why wouldn't the population believe in it?
    State's Rights

    Slavery

    Sloww

    Al

    Texas

    Tennesseans for Texas

    Stupid threads that don't take time to learn ALL the facts before vomiting stupidity.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

  17. #17
    Imran Siddiqui
    Sports Forum Moderator Imran Siddiqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 Dec 1969
    Location
    on the corner of Peachtree and Peachtree
    Posts
    37,296
    Country
    This is Imran Siddiqui's Country Flag
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 114 Times in 100 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    14:41
    I believe that Al has, embarrasingly, confused the Revolution of Texas with the Mexican American War. Texas revolted ALONG WITH TEN OTHER MEXICAN STATES:

    Santa Anna dissolved the Congress and began the centralization of power. The regime became a centralized dictatorship backed by the military.

    Several states openly rebelled against the changes: Coahuila y Tejas (the northern part of which would become the Republic of Texas), San Luis Potosí, Querétaro, Durango, Guanajuato, Michoacán, Yucatán, Jalisco, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, and Zacatecas. Several of these states formed their own governments, the Republic of the Rio Grande, the Republic of Yucatan, and the Republic of Texas. (Only the Texans defeated Santa Anna and retained their independence).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio..._de_Santa_Anna

    You may wish to try again.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

  18. #18
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Quantico
    Posts
    23,798
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 53 Times in 39 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    14:41
    And this disproves that the Republic of Texas was created by slave-holders to retain their slaves how?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

  19. #19
    SlowwHand
    Deity SlowwHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Sep 1999
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    37,608
    Country
    This is SlowwHand's Country Flag
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 92 Times in 75 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    13:41
    AL! It was actually created by Spain! You think Spain's hands were clean? Go do some more reading. Mexicans are nothing more than off-springs of Indian women raped by Spaniards.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

  20. #20
    Imran Siddiqui
    Sports Forum Moderator Imran Siddiqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 Dec 1969
    Location
    on the corner of Peachtree and Peachtree
    Posts
    37,296
    Country
    This is Imran Siddiqui's Country Flag
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 114 Times in 100 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    14:41
    The fact that 10 Mexican states left in protest of Santa Anna's consolidation of power indicates it may have been a "we don't want to be part of a dictatorship" thing.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

  21. #21
    Imran Siddiqui
    Sports Forum Moderator Imran Siddiqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 Dec 1969
    Location
    on the corner of Peachtree and Peachtree
    Posts
    37,296
    Country
    This is Imran Siddiqui's Country Flag
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 114 Times in 100 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    14:41
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowwHand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mexicans are nothing more than off-springs of Indian women raped by Spaniards.


    No need to go all racist in responding to stupidity.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

  22. #22
    gribbler
    Deity gribbler's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 2010
    Location
    Nazi Moon Colony
    Posts
    13,826
    Country
    This is gribbler's Country Flag
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 122 Times in 97 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    13:41
    Al might actually be right here although he forgot to mention religious bigotry as a possible source of rebellion.
    "South Africa is a shithole. It used to be a decent place." -Ben Kenobi, sharing his wisdom on world history

  23. #23
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Quantico
    Posts
    23,798
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 53 Times in 39 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    14:41
    Quote Originally Posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact that 10 Mexican states left in protest of Santa Anna's consolidation of power indicates it may have been a "we don't want to be part of a dictatorship" thing.
    And yet, look at the Texas constitution. The circumstances might have precipitated a general revolt in Mexico but the Texans were still attempting to retain their slaves.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

  24. #24
    SlowwHand
    Deity SlowwHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Sep 1999
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    37,608
    Country
    This is SlowwHand's Country Flag
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 92 Times in 75 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    13:41
    It's not racist, it's more facts. Mexico was inhabited by Indians, the Spain came to Mexico and they pillaged the Indians. That's the truth.
    I think it sucks, but it's true. I don't have anything against Indians and really nothing against Spaniards.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

  25. #25
    Imran Siddiqui
    Sports Forum Moderator Imran Siddiqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 Dec 1969
    Location
    on the corner of Peachtree and Peachtree
    Posts
    37,296
    Country
    This is Imran Siddiqui's Country Flag
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 114 Times in 100 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    14:41
    Quote Originally Posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And yet, look at the Texas constitution. The circumstances might have precipitated a general revolt in Mexico but the Texans were still attempting to retain their slaves.
    Did the Constitution come after the Revolution or before?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

  26. #26
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Quantico
    Posts
    23,798
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 53 Times in 39 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    14:41
    Quote Originally Posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did the Constitution come after the Revolution or before?
    March 1836. During the Battle of the Alamo.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

  27. #27
    Tupac Shakur
    Emperor Tupac Shakur's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Sep 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,461
    Country
    This is Tupac Shakur's Country Flag
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 59 Times in 44 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    10:41
    Quote Originally Posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not a troll. It's real life.
    QFT

    It's shameful to see so many of you defend slavery. Best case scenario is that most of you are grossly ignorant of history.

  28. #28
    Tupac Shakur
    Emperor Tupac Shakur's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Sep 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,461
    Country
    This is Tupac Shakur's Country Flag
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 59 Times in 44 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    10:41
    Quote Originally Posted by gribbler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Al might actually be right here although he forgot to mention religious bigotry as a possible source of rebellion.
    Good point.

  29. #29
    Berzerker
    Deity Berzerker's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 May 1999
    Location
    topeka, kansas,USA
    Posts
    11,404
    Country
    This is Berzerker's Country Flag
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    13:41
    Mexico permitted American settlement of Tejas on the condition that the settlers become Mexican citizens, accept Catholicism
    I fully endorse a rebellion against such religious tyranny

  30. #30
    Tupac Shakur
    Emperor Tupac Shakur's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Sep 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,461
    Country
    This is Tupac Shakur's Country Flag
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 59 Times in 44 Posts
    Local Date
    April 17, 2014
    Local Time
    10:41
    Texas revolted over slavery. It's the only state to secede from two countries because it loved slavery so much.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Visitors found this page by searching for:

alamo defending slavery

alamo mercenaries

slavery and the alamo

american imperialism alamo

were the alamo defenders defending slavery

mercenaries at alamoalamo defense of slaveryreal motivations of alamo defendersalamo forbidding slaverythe alamo and slaverydid texans defend slavery at the alamoThe mercenaries at the alamodid the alamo defenders bring slavesalamo defenders were toughthe alamo american imperialismalamo and slave holdersimperialism the alamoamerican imperialism the alamomexican american war imperialismthe alamo slave ownersslaves at the Alamothe alamo defenders defending slaverya slave view of the alamowho were the mercenaries that defended the alamodefernders of alamo slaveholders

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions