Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will happen to my army when my glod has reached zero?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will happen to my army when my glod has reached zero?

In the options, I chose that my army will also need gold to maintain (not just production). Right now my empire loses 350 gold each turn because of army maintenance. What would happen when my gold is below zero? will my army be automatically disbanded?

Originally posted by motorola View Post
    In the options, I chose that my army will also need gold to maintain (not just production). Right now my empire loses 350 gold each turn because of army maintenance. What would happen when my gold is below zero? will my army be automatically disbanded?
    Well, it should disband your armies. But I guess you are using the source code version of the game. So I am not sure whether this feature has been finished. What it does for sure in the default game and the Apolyton Edition is that the cities will sell those buildings you cannot maintain because you run out of gold.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I downloaded the version 12 June 2011. Is this feature finished for this version? thanks

Comment

I downloaded the version 12 June 2011. Is this feature finished for this version? thanks
        I don't know. In case of doubt I just would test it. Well, actually you want to avoid selling buildings. So either get more gold, you can build caravans or simply raise the workday and cut rations. That will make your citizens a bit unhappy, but that can be fixed with some entertainers.

If the thing is still too unbalanced you still can disable it, Just start a new game without the gold support, and then reload your save game. Note that this part of the preference is not stored in the savegame is clearly something that is not finished.

-Martin

Comment

But I'm current;y I'm at war with all other nations. Is it possible to trade between my own cities?

Comment

But I'm current;y I'm at war with all other nations. Is it possible to trade between my own cities?
            Yes, you can do this, you just need enough caravans/freight transports. You may just get some problems with piracy, but those shouldn't be too big.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
            X