CtP 2 doesn't work in seven 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CtP 2 doesn't work in seven 64

Sorry for my english, but I have a problem playing in seven 64 bit. When I start the game the video doesn't go but I hear music. I've read on your forum that was a problem with Indeo video and I installed these with the regsvr32 command. All of this was ok, but the problem remain; also I cannot play videos in WMP.
    Tryed to use your mods and run the .exe as your suggestions but nothing changes...
    There is a system to jump the videos and not to crash? I want to replay this great game, help me!!!
    P.S. I have the same problem with my notebook.
    Thanks.

Install the codec pack suggested in this thread, that should help.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I just tried this codecs, now I'm running Shark007 and the Indeo videos can be played by WMP in 32 bit player, but the game always crashes on intro video.

Comment

Originally posted by cucuruz View Post
        I just tried this codecs, now I'm running Shark007 and the Indeo videos can be played by WMP in 32 bit player, but the game always crashes on intro video.
        You could try whether it is the intro movie. You can keep the intro movie from playing if you start CTP2 without the CD in the drive. It could be also a problem in the game itself that has been fixed in the Apolyton Edition.

-Martin

Comment

I tryied it but the intro plays in any case also without cd in the drive, and, usually crashes! Also with the Apolyton I have the same problem.
          I have installed the game in a virtual machine with XP Pro and here it runs well. The standard edition (not the apolyton) has however the problem that after one or two turns all seems to go "slower"; the mouse moves not well with all the animations... Another bug?
          Thanks!

Comment

I tryied it but the intro plays in any case also without cd in the drive, and, usually crashes! Also with the Apolyton I have the same problem.
            Well, that's odd because the intro is supposed to be on the CD.

Do you have a crash.txt from the Apolyton Edition? If yes, could you post the content.

I have installed the game in a virtual machine with XP Pro and here it runs well. The standard edition (not the apolyton) has however the problem that after one or two turns all seems to go "slower"; the mouse moves not well with all the animations... Another bug?
            Thanks!
            It might be a bug, the Standard Edition has a problem with the graphics that may lead to crashes, however i fixed in the Apolyton Edition. Anyway, to figure out what the problem on your machine is I would have to debug it on your machine, which is a little bit too much for my taste.

-Martin

Comment

I don't think this is 64 bit 7 exclusive.
              I had lost my cd some time ago, and just recently bought the GOG.com download game. On install I had this same problem in XP.
              GOG.com suggests you sequester the video file, rename the folder they are in is enough, This means they don't run, but the game does. It worked for me.

Comment

Since I have problems with CtP2 and Win7 64b too, I'm going to use this thread instead of creating a new one.
                CtP2 itself installed alright, so did the patch.
                I can launch the game, videos seem to be working (or at least the intro one), but, right when I reach the menu, it starts flickering.
                If I get in a game, same thing, it'll start flickering, and the game crashes if I try to move around on the map.

Anything I can do to solve that ?
                I only have the v1.11 patch, didn't put up the Apolyton stuff, read it changed gameplay, not really interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Sajuuk-Khar View Post
                  I only have the v1.11 patch, didn't put up the Apolyton stuff, read it changed gameplay, not really interested.
                  I guess you mean the Apolyton Edition, it does not really change the game play, it just fixes things, including the AI. Of course, an AI that plays better changes the game, but this is part as CTP2 as it should be. The Apolyton Edition also addresses some flickering problem, and also many crashes.

If you really don't want to add it then I would try to run the game in Win95 compatibility mode or something like this.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                  X