Where is the music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the music?

I can't hear any music at all in win 7. What's wrong? Please help guys. It's really dull to play without any music. Where is the music located inside the CD? Can this be a codec problem? Thx.

Originally posted by motorola View Post
    I can't hear any music at all in win 7. What's wrong? Please help guys. It's really dull to play without any music. Where is the music located inside the CD? Can this be a codec problem? Thx.
    It could be a problem with a codec. It depends if there are no sound effects, either. But first, I would check whether the music is enabled at all. For that go to the options menu and select the music submenu. If it is enabled you can still rip the music from the CD and play it in Winamp. The music tracksare on the CD but the data is not in a windows file system, so that your windows can see them.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

What's the name of the codec missing? I've turned the music on from options menu, but still nothing. So, what should I do? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by motorola View Post
        What's the name of the codec missing? I've turned the music on from options menu, but still nothing. So, what should I do? Thanks.
        Well, I said it could be codec problem, not it is definitely a codec problem. However, the sound thingy is called Redbook audio. It maybe that otherwise we are still a bit clueless here. OK, let's go further through the list of stupid things: The music is turned on, so the next thing is whether the CD is in the drive. Do you hear at least the sound effects?

Another thing is about the videos. Is the intro video played at least? For the videos I can tell you that it is definitely a codec problem. The codec is the Indeo5 codec, Windows 7 does not like it, because it is not save. But there is a set of codecs you can download that also contains a replacement for that. I use it on my Windows 7, which works fine here.

-Martin

Comment

Yes, I can see the video no problem. I've downloaded the indeo codec. I'm using win 7 too. The cd is inside. I can hear the sound effects (button clicks, slider sliding, etc.). The only missing is the music. thanks

Comment

Download the Kazaa Lite Codec Pack. It will fix all your issues. You do not need the indeo Codec.

Comment

Is kazaa the same as K-Lite? I already installed K-lite Codec Pack 7.10 long before I install CTP 2. Or are you talking about another codec altogether? thanks

Comment

Download this the Kazaa Lite Codec Pack Version 8 Full and let it fix your Codecs

Comment

Downloaded k-lite 8.0.0 full, and still no music. any other alternative? thanks

Comment

Try this:

1. go to your install directory and find Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp
                    2. open a text file named "userprofile"
                    3. find the line " UseRedbookAudio=No" and change it to "UseRedbookAudio=Yes"

Comment

UseRedbookAudio is Yes from the beginning. Still no music. Thanks

Comment

If your using 7 there might be another hidden userprofile.txt

Search your PC if you can find one. Its usually inside APPDATA of your user folder.

Comment

Yes, the second file is inside appdata. But in that file, useRedBookAudio is yes also. Still no music. Or maybe my CD doesn't have the music? How do I check whether my CD contains the music? thanks

Comment

I have the music files inside: Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp\Sound as MP3s

If you want the music maybe just run winamp in the backgorund.

Comment

Originally posted by kommie27 View Post
                              I have the music files inside: Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp\Sound as MP3s

If you want the music maybe just run winamp in the backgorund.
                              That's true for the GOG version but not for the CD version. By the way could you give me the list of file names you find in this directory, so that I can get the music working with the source code version?

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X