The Peyton Manning debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    John Clayton was saying something about Tebow to the Patriots but that may just be over-selling the Josh McDaniels connection.
    This is the dumbest thing I've ever read related to Tebow or the Patriots.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      Tebow is incredible in short yardage. I'm sure Belichick wouldn't mind another goal-line weapon. They don't NEED him but hey, if you can get him cheap...

Remember, if there's one thing Belichick loves, it's versatile guys he can use in many different ways.
      Second dumbest thing right here.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        Jacksonville fits the bill doesn't it? The money will be more than made up by butts in the seats (Jacksonville is like 2 hrs from Gainesville, IIRC) and merchandise sales.
        This may actually be the one place Tebow is marketable to. Still, I am not sure the Broncos will actually end up trading him. I believe they will test the waters, but I don't believe they will get much value for him. So, do they get rid of him just to get rid of him? Does Jacksonville have anything they would part with that the Broncos need or could use?
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Yeah I don't think the Broncos could get much in a trade. I'm thinking a 3rd rounder. Then with the contract the new team will have to pay him, the asking price may come down even more.

Now that the Broncos are gearing up to be a passing offense, though, I think Denver may be wise to give up their 1st rounder to get Mike Wallace. Might be the best they can do with the 25th pick.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• That would be a balls-out move. Doubtful they will have the cap space after paying for Mr. Manning, though.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The Broncos have $44.7 million in cap room. Even with Manning, they should have plenty to do what they need to do.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
              X