No announcement yet.

The Peyton Manning debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he stays right there in Denver. I hope so.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• John Clayton was saying something about Tebow to the Patriots but that may just be over-selling the Josh McDaniels connection.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• NE just signed Fells, what would they need Tebow for?
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Maybe to get God on their side. Obviously they've needed something the last few years.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I think SNL addressed that point not long ago...
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Jacksonville's owner is said to be all hot for Tebow. They have no one worthwhile and badly need to put fannies in the seats. Tebow would definitely do that in Florida.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• And then move Gabbert? This is getting silly.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Probably can't be moved. Gabbert really sucked. Out of all the rookie starters in 2011, he was clearly the worst, and showed very little improvement over the course of the season.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Should have known that when Denver seemed to fall behind and it became the 4th quarter that Elway would pull it off...Should have known...
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• This reminds me of the musical chairs that colleges do with coaches after the NCAA tournament. UNC gets Roy Williams, so Bill Self goes to Kansas so Bruce Weber goes to Illinois so Matt Painter is promoted to head coach at Southern Illinois...

Comment

• So if Weber goes back to SIU, does that mean Painter has to take the Illinois job?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          Jacksonville's owner is said to be all hot for Tebow. They have no one worthwhile and badly need to put fannies in the seats. Tebow would definitely do that in Florida.
                          A team owned by a Muslim will have Tebow at QB.
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                            NE just signed Fells, what would they need Tebow for?
                            Tebow is incredible in short yardage. I'm sure Belichick wouldn't mind another goal-line weapon. They don't NEED him but hey, if you can get him cheap...

Remember, if there's one thing Belichick loves, it's versatile guys he can use in many different ways.

Comment

• Maybe reasonably cheap to trade for, but he still has to be paid under his rookie contract. Tebow hit some contract escalators...

Tebow's contract isn't going to be easy to move with escalators pushing his 2013-2014 salaries to $6.05 million and $7.14 million.
                              So (assuming Elway and Fox want to move him, which I believe is the basis for the Manning pursuit), Denver will probably not be able to play hardball in trade talks. All that's needed is a team with cap space, a need at QB, and a willingness to put up with the circus sideshow aspect of it all.

Comment

• Jacksonville fits the bill doesn't it? The money will be more than made up by butts in the seats (Jacksonville is like 2 hrs from Gainesville, IIRC) and merchandise sales.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X