The Peyton Manning debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the debate is settled.

What next for Peyton? Will we see a dolphin on his helmet next year?
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Reportedly 12 teams are in contact and expressing interest.

I believe Miami is the favorite, followed by Arizona.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

People keep talking about San Francisco too, which seems strange considering how well they seem to be doing at the moment under (or is it in spite of?) Alex Smith.
        Last edited by OzzyKP; March 8, 2012, 14:57.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Mixed signals from SF, so perhaps they are quietly one of the 12.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

San Fran has to be one of them. I'm only counting 11 possibles...

NFC East: Redskins
            NFC South: No one
            NFC North: Vikings?
            NFC West: Cardinals, Seahawks
            AFC East: Jets, Dolphins
            AFC South: Titans, Jaguars
            AFC North: Browns
            AFC West: Chiefs, Broncos

Unless there's a dark-horse like the Texans and/or Bills interested (I think the Vikings are going out on a limb there), San Fran would have to be in there...

Every other NFL team is set at QB (Giants, Eagles, Cowgirls, Saints, Falcons, Bucs, Panthers, Packers, Lions, Bears, Rams, Patriots, Steelers, Bengals, Ravens, Raiders, Chargers)
            Last edited by Al B. Sure!; March 8, 2012, 17:12.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

You think the Bucs are not an option for Manning because they are 'set' with Freeman?
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                You think the Bucs are not an option for Manning because they are 'set' with Freeman?
                I see no reason why the Bucs would be interested in Manning. I've never heard anything but that Freeman is the man in TB.

Honestly, Chicago and Baltimore have worse QB situations than Freeman in Tampa. I'd figure them being deep dark-horses before TB, but we also know they are just as committed to their QB's as Tampa is to Freeman.

The Bucs also brought in former Giants QB coach Mike Sullivan (QB coach over past two seasons) for OC. They evidently want to develop Freeman.
                Last edited by Al B. Sure!; March 8, 2012, 19:03.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Minny = probably one of the 12.
                  Texas is on the record as "no interest, we love Schaub's 11 starts/yr."
                  Buffalo should be interested, but probably knows they don't have a prayer with their weather.
                  Tampa? It would be the equivalent of signing with Indy again -- young, bad, and rebuilding.

SF is probably playing it close to the vest, since Alex Smith is such a delicate flower.

Comment

You're crazy Al. You give Cutler the same weapons and protection as Rodgers, Brady, Manning and Brees and he'd be right there with them.
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Updates:
                      -Browns saying they have no interest in Manning.
                      -Manning reported as having no interest in Washington.
                      -Broncos are out because Tebow and Manning are both with CAA (agents) and endorsements would suffer.
                      -Manning's people say he's open to a move to the NFC (good news for Seattle and Arizona).

Comment

You're crazy Al. You give Cutler the same weapons and protection as Rodgers, Brady, Manning and Brees and he'd be right there with them.
                        Jay Cutler is mediocre.

Comment

Umm...no.
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Ok, maybe I'm on the Kool-aid a bit, but not nearly as much as most people think.

Comment

Why would the Browns have an interest? It was stupid to even include them. I think he'll go to Miami.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                                I see no reason why the Bucs would be interested in Manning. I've never heard anything but that Freeman is the man in TB.

Honestly, Chicago and Baltimore have worse QB situations than Freeman in Tampa. I'd figure them being deep dark-horses before TB, but we also know they are just as committed to their QB's as Tampa is to Freeman.

The Bucs also brought in former Giants QB coach Mike Sullivan (QB coach over past two seasons) for OC. They evidently want to develop Freeman.
                                No. Freeman sucked last year. Flacco didn't and neither did Cutler.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X