Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
    However, I know Peyton...
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Do you really know him?

But yeah I don't see him becoming a backup QB. Superstar QB's rarely become backup mentor QB's. That's for the Mark Brunells of the world, not the Peyton Mannings. When the superstars can't play anymore, they retire.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Yeah, I actually know him. Not like he is a close friend or anything. His cousin worked for me for a while and they are pretty close (His cousin is actually closer with Eli than Peyton, but they are still tight) so I met him back then. Peyton owns part of the D1 sports center in Nashville (actually Franklin) so it is easy to bump into him and chat from time to time.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          But yeah I don't see him becoming a backup QB. Superstar QB's rarely become backup mentor QB's. That's for the Mark Brunells of the world, not the Peyton Mannings. When the superstars can't play anymore, they retire.
          Agreed.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Assuming Peyton is looking healthy by April, the smart thing to do would be to trade the Luck pick for a raft of choices, then use them get some badly needed help in the trenches, picking up a QB prospect along the way.

With the new CBA, the #1 overall is actually more desirable (treadeable), since the salary hit is now significantly reduced.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

With the new CBA, the #1 overall is actually more desirable (treadeable), since the salary hit is now significantly reduced.
              +10000

Comment

Yeah I'd go for a 2nd-3rd rounder QB. I don't know how this class is but if they can get the equivalent of a Ryan Mallett, that'd be a great (and very low risk) pickup.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I'm not sure any option is a great option, if they trade Luck and get 5 more healthy years out of Peyton, they could have 5 GREAT years if they get some quality in return for him, but I still suspect in 10 years time we would be criticizing the Colts as the team that traded Andrew Luck (if the hype is to be believed).

No idea which way they will go, but I really would have liked to have seen a team get Luck that doesn't already have a Hall of Fame Quarterback.

It has been suggested above that Luck could "carry the clipboard" for a few years, but given the success of some recent first year quarterbacks, straight out of the draft, will Luck really be willing to do that? I am not sure which I find harder to believe....a still healthy Manning stepping back after a couple years to let Luck take the helm, or a ready and rarring to go Luck staying on the sidelines for a couple of years. Neither seems optimal to me (though it might be the best situation for the Colts, not sure any QB would want it).

/me
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Naturally, I think I have the better opinion , but if they go with what others are saying, Baylor has a QB they may can get.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hey when are the Cowgirls going to replace Romo with a guy who can actually win in the playoffs?

Comment

Same song, 73rd verse. Is this all that you have to offer?
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Indy tanked the season so they could get Luck. Just like the Spurs did in the mid-90's when David Robinson was hurt for an entire year, the Spurs tanked and got Tim Duncan, won 4 championships. A little different since they play the same position, but that is what they are doing.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                            Indy tanked the season so they could get Luck. Just like the Spurs did in the mid-90's when David Robinson was hurt for an entire year, the Spurs tanked and got Tim Duncan, won 4 championships. A little different since they play the same position, but that is what they are doing.

ACK!
                            They can't be because it's looking more and more like St. Louis will have that pick. The Colts have a very winnable final game against the Jaguars.

All this discussion and the Colts may not even be in a position to draft Luck, after all

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              They can't be because it's looking more and more like St. Louis will have that pick. The Colts have a very winnable final game against the Jaguars.

All this discussion and the Colts may not even be in a position to draft Luck, after all
                              If they both lose the Colts will still get it because of Strength of Schedule. I'm betting Orlovsky doesn't play next week.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

You say that like Orlovsky is a saving grace or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X