No announcement yet.

What map size do you usually play with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What map size do you usually play with?

Just wanted to find out what map size people usally play SMAC/SMAX on, and why.
    Tiny
    14.29%
    Small
    0.00%
    Standard
    42.86%
    Large
    14.29%
    Huge
    0.00%
    Custom (specify in thread)
    28.57%
    === Jez ===

Large. Standard is too small for me, and I always like to have room to expand comfortably, and huge is just insane if the AI just keeps building bases.

Comment

Don't you find large a bit boring towards the end game, though, when you have half the map and 100 formers and each turn takes 10 minutes?
      === Jez ===

Comment

I like building a lot, so sometimes I'm just wishing to get to the late game and research one technology per turn, and send copters to the other side of the world while my main bases are in very secure central positions.

Comment

Custom. Huger than Huge. Randomly generated then heavily edited each time. 360x180. 256x256. 360x360 once - read a good book while playing on that map.
          I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Standard

Large maps are too time consuming

Comment

Tiny - when I want a fast war game
              Huge - when I want a slow builder game
              What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

Working...
              X