Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with these 'minor civs'

(hey, it worked last time...)

I dont really get what is up with these 'minor civs.' Do they have real civ-type cities that you can capture? and if so, what prevents them from becoming major civs? if not, are they the goody huts in the screenshots? Can you capture those?

jus a few questions, maybe firaxis will be kind enough to answer them...
    And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Hopefully Firaxis will answer, aside from an initial Firaxis post here mentioning minor civs, there hasn't been any mention of them since. Are they even still in the game?

Comment

Yeah, I'd also like to know more about that stuff, how it works etc.

sounds fun in general!

Comment

Re: What's with these 'minor civs'

Originally posted by dainbramaged13
        (hey, it worked last time...)

I don't really get what is up with these 'minor civs.' Do they have real civ-type cities that you can capture? and if so, what prevents them from becoming major Civs? if not, are they the goody huts in the screenshots? Can you capture those?

just a few questions, maybe Firaxis will be kind enough to answer them...
        Hey Dainbramaged13 you did good. Even Dan M. Posted 3 time to clear up the colony issue. In your wildest dreams did you think the thread would go 4 pages? Even I posted more than a few times on that thread which I normally never do. I may post one or two time max. and that is it.
        Now to this thread. All we have right down is some notes taken way back (several months to a year ago) about minor Civs, and nothing of late. Maybe because of the Unique Units they are having trouble with them (minor Civs).

Comment

I'm not sure, but I heard some people speculating that minor civs are barbarians. Barbarians have cities and seem to be better in civ 3 than before. Just my guess, though I really hope there are specific minor civs, that would be really nice. 7-8 major civs isn't too bad a limit if you can have around 10 minor civs to go along with it.

Comment

In the 10 min video, a barbarian appers and there is a text saying : 'You have disturbed a horde of Numibian Warriors'. So perhaps they have their own city somewhere too, but i couldn't see it on the screen. And there might be some other kinds of barbarians as well. Could they qualify to be minor civs?
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Re: Re: What's with these 'minor civs'

Originally posted by joseph1944

Hey Dainbramaged13 you did good. Even Dan M. Posted 3 time to clear up the colony issue. In your wildest dreams did you think the thread would go 4 pages?

nope!

I like the idea of barbarians being minor civs, but they should have some sort of city besides the huts... Also, maybe the minor civs could have different characteristics...
              And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

I hope that was just a goody hut being explored and they have a neater way of saying 'you have unleashed a horde of barbarians.' It didn't look like a civ - even a minor one- to me.
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

Is this topic dead or not? A question for Dan M. of Firaxis. Can you discuss minor Civs or not? Are they still in the game?

Comment

uhhuh...oh ya... is this tread dead?

guess firaxis is having all sorts of problems poor them.... but they better answer us
                    Without music life would be a mistake - Nietzsche
                    So you think you can tell heaven from hell?
                    rocking on everest

Comment

Or what? *chuckle*
                      - mkl

Comment

firaxis isnt having problems...

they're playing civ 3.

(i love stirring up a mob )
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

NO WONDER WE HAVEN't got an official site update in a month! GRRRRRRRRR this is an OUTRAGE!

Comment

In the 10 min video it said Numidian Barbarians. These where historically near Carthage until they fatally met with Ceaser. Someone said that in a different thread. It would be good if barbarians had their own cities but I doubt it and it seems very unlikely that their would be different barbarian 'factions'.

(I just love bursting bubbles )
                            Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

i dont know where its from, but somewhere i heard that it was confirmed that there were barb cities. whether these were from different tribes, i dont know

Comment

Working...
                              X