Gaia Controller Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaia Controller Victory

This is probably a dumb question. I am currently playing my second CTPII game, and have all the elements in place for the Gaia Controller Victory, but nothing is happening. The users' manual is no help. The help I got was from this site, which mentioned the part about having to cover at least 60% of the world (I'm not clear whether this is the entire world or just the inhabited world). The End Game help also mentioned "initializing the Gaia Controller" once all the elements are ready. I can't find anything about "initializing", and nothing is occurring automatically. I have 60 Controllers, at least 250 satellites (I found out too late, that you need only 20 of each), and way too many Obelisks, so I think I have enough of everything. What am I leaving out?

Doesn't anyone know the answer? I see that 9 have viewed my question, but no one has sent any clues.

Comment

Did you enable Bloodlust?

(I can't be much help, I just started myself)
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

60% of the entire world!!! (Thats at Activision, not you).

If i did get a dollar for each time this was asked, I'd have another one.

Also, check bloodlust option (as mentioned). Just go for military victories, as you need the surface area anyway. If you get bored half-way through, just take the diplomatic victory. I can never be bother waiting around for a science victory.
        "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
        --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a try. For some reason I hadn't made any connection between Bloodlust and Science .

I get bored with the end game. I go for rapid growth early in the game (What's the worst that can happen? I get wiped out and have to start a new game .) As a result, I usually have to change governments to increase the maximum number of cities (Where did that rule come from ), and by the time I get to the end game I can't absorb the other nations without going over the limit of cities.

Comment

Yes, the dilemna of all CTP2 players - too many cities!

However, you can easily alter the game parameters to allow for less unhappiness with large empires. Check the .txt files for something called govern.txt. What you're looking for is lines that read:

TooManyCitiesThreshold ##
            TooManyCitiesCoefficient 1

These lines repeat themselves with every government type.

You could change the Threshold by increasing the number given. (Say from 60 to 100). Or, to keep unhappiness as a factor, just lower the coefficient to something like 0.1. This will allow for 1 unhappiness point per 10 cities over the threshold instead of per one city.

Well, like Sean says, if I had a dollar for each of these questions... yadda yadda yadda.

- Skeeve
            My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

well as noone as has answered ( ya lazy stoooopid peeeople) I will. There's a screen thing that you can get to from the scores thing (I think) It has a mappy thing with all your things shown on it and the area of the map your Obelisks cover and it shows how many satellites and things you have and theres a big button "Initialize thingamebob" and you click on that and kabamm! the things done. You might actually have to press those F1, F2 buttons to find the screen.

I hope this has been clear precise and to the point. And Yadda yadda yadda is what you call yacks when your having one of those bad days where you cant pronounce "cks"

Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Crystal Clear!

(Nice smiley combo!)

Comment

OK, I got it. Strangely enough the answer was buried in the cryptic reply.

In case anyone else has had the same problem, here is the answer.

Just click on the Empire button, the Gaia Controller is at the bottom of the drop down menu. gets you the Gaia analysis with the Initialize button accross the top.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and humor.

DKC

Comment

That's one thing this group doesn't lack, Humor!!

Comment

Well, you got to laugh haven't you? I mean what's the alternative?

DAMN YOU ACTIVISION
                      *throws CTP2 on floor*
                      *breaks down in tears*
                      *jumps on CTP2*

hee hee
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

You just described exactly what I went through!

I think that "damn you Activision!" were my exact words!

- Skeeve

Edit: Although the chain of events was more like this:

*throws CTP2 into fireplace*
                        *Realizes how much he paid for it, and quickly fishes it out*
                        *burns hands*
                        *Screams at Activision for burning his hands*
                        *Trips over object on floor and lands face first in wedding cake*
                        *Gets up out of cake and steps in bear trap*
                        *Screams at Activision about the bear trap*
                        *walks over to window, which closes on hand*
                        *Screams again (at Activision)*
                        *Accidentally leans shoulder into wet paint*
                        *That's the last straw -- goes over to Activision headquarters and blows it up*

Alright, technically, this souds more like the movie "Naked Gun" than what really happened, but you get the idea.
                        Last edited by Skeeve; June 1, 2001, 11:55.

Comment

A little exagerration never hurts flies.

I think that only the people that can laugh at the bugs in Activision can still play the game and post here.

And I even later went and found the Gaia controller thing for you but you found it yourself.
                          Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Wahay new sig.
                            and well I just like the game prince of persia

Comment

Working...
                            X