on hold with amex fraud services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on hold with amex fraud services

No, I did not purchase 200$ worth of goods in a Chicago Target 2 hours ago. I have never been to Chicago, and I haven't been inside a Target in over 2 years.

You'd think that their fraud people would pick up in under 20 minutes.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Apparently they also charged 50$ at the Cheesecake Factory and 75$ at the same Target (both of which went through; the 200$ purchase did not).

This is now the third time my credit card has been defrauded.
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

What sites have you been buying from on the internet?
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Be more fussy about the hos who use.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
            No, I did not purchase 200$ worth of goods in a Chicago Target 2 hours ago. I have never been to Chicago, and I haven't been inside a Target in over 2 years.

You'd think that their fraud people would pick up in under 20 minutes.

How exactly are they making these purchases without the card in hand?
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Makes no sense. KH participates in some shady ****, apparently. Or he has a PS3.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I have had issues twice.

The most recent time isn't being handled as a fraud case, but as a mistake by the shop (who billed by 1000 dollars for rental car in South Africa when I was in Sweden and hadn't even been to SA in months much less rented...).

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                  How exactly are they making these purchases without the card in hand?
                  It's almost as though you've never heard of a cloned credit card.

BTW, the usual means of obtaining card info is in restaurants. The waiter takes your card and skims the card before running the legitimate transaction.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Honestly, we should go to how europe is and have to put in a pin code to use our cards.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

That's already true for debit.

Comment

Can you narrow it down to which restaurant you frequent that does this?

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Probably not. There's no way to detect copying a credit card. You just read the data off the magnetic strip, or copy down the numbers, then fabricate a new card.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                            Can you narrow it down to which restaurant you frequent that does this?

JM

In the last 3 months I've probably visited 50 restaurants. I'm sure amex will be busy cross-correlating that list with the list of other customers whose cards were ripped off.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post

In the last 3 months I've probably visited 50 restaurants.
                              Ridiculous.
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                              X