Are you afraid of fisticuffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you afraid of fisticuffs?

How effective would the threat of fisticuffs be in getting you to do something? For instance, we are arguing about whether complimentary means "free" or "a flattering statement" and I (let's pretend I am the same size, sex and enjoy the same degree of health as you) run out of points to make so I resort to "oh yeah, well speaking of compliments you better shut up or you're getting a knuckle sandwich with my compliments!" and menace you (getting all up in your grill etc.)

Are you willing to physically fight someone to win the argument? How do you feel about taking on someone who's much bigger than you (as in that fight scene between Paul Newman and George Kennedy in Cool Hand Luke) or someone apparently weaker than you?

I am chicken about physically fighting, and you can probably get me to back down on any argument with a legitimate threat of pain or tooth loss.

You do realize that you don't have to start new threads to get your postcount up, right? Just post a few smilies in existing threads, and you'll be at 100 in no time.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

He's talking about threats of violence. I think that is ban worthy.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
        You do realize that you don't have to start new threads to get your postcount up, right? Just post a few smilies in existing threads, and you'll be at 100 in no time.
        I definitely want to make threads that are enjoyable to you, Felch. Can you recommend some topics that interest you?

Comment

I've won every fight I was in, so I'm confident that I'll win my next fight if it comes down to it. Granted that the last fight I was in was 17 years ago, but it's like riding a bicycle, right?
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Mojotronica View Post
            I definitely want to make threads that are enjoyable to you, Felch. Can you recommend some topics that interest you?
            Water pipe (Bong) vs. meerschaum will hold Felch's interest.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I love guns, drugs, and tits.

Comment

dickgirls
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Them too.

Comment

Anyone ever tell you you remind me of a gangsta rapper?
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

No, nobody has ever told me that I remind Albie of a gangsta rapper.

Comment

More dickgirls please.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I resort to "oh yeah, well speaking of compliments you better shut up or you're getting a knuckle sandwich with my compliments!" and menace you (getting all up in your grill etc.)

Are you willing to physically fight someone to win the argument?
                          Not over an argument, but maybe for getting all up in my grill

Comment

Why would I get in a physical fight for any other reason than to protect people I care about?

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

You'd love Fembots!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	austin-powers-fembots.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	9092307
                              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                              X