The SMAX Unofficial patch PLUS includes latest Scient's Unofficial patch for SMAX (see http://www.civgaming.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7511) and it adds several bug fixes on top (see release notes below).
Download: SMAX unofficial patch PLUS
I finally found some time and ported a few fixes (from my previous work on SMAC) to SMAX, as I promised.
The highlight is the fixing of the infamous energy stockpile bug and of the children creche (and brood pit) combat bonus bug. I decided to include the better terraforming algorithm from smac patch as well. The old terraforming is not exactly a bug per se, but the AI behaves so stupidly, that I simply felt obliged to do the hard work of transmitting a whole part of the code in SMAX as well.
The patch could not be tested (I have not a working copy of SMAX on my hard drive), but it should work allright. Still, a backup of your data is recommended. Unzip the patch into your SMAX directory, overwrite - and enjoy.
- unit limit, changed by scient, is back (crashed the game)
- automatic energy stockpiling bug is fixed
- swapbase bug, which made the AI swap bases in a ridiculously bad deals
- AI basic terraforming (and automated basic terraforming) completely rebuilt, should be more competent
- children creche, brood pit combat bonuses now work like they should