Wisconsinites: Packers QB third to only Lincoln and Jesus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsinites: Packers QB third to only Lincoln and Jesus

According to a polling firm, the only two people more popular in Wisconsin than Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers(notes) are Abraham Lincoln and Jesus.

A few weeks ago, Public Policy Polling found that reigning Super Bowl MVP was viewed favorably by 89 percent of people in the state, the highest mark for any individual in the country. Pollsters wondered if any figure could top that mark, so they added a few people with "near universal appeal" into a recent national poll to test out Rodgers' popularity. Only the 16th president (91 percent favorably rating) and Jesus (90 percent) finished ahead of the quarterback.

That means Rodgers outpolled George Washington (86 percent), Mother Theresa (83), Martin Luther King Jr. (74), Santa Claus (67), Gandhi (64), Nelson Mandela (64) and Steve Jobs (62), and is in no way an indication that we Americans take our sports heroes way too seriously.
    Lincoln more popular than Jesus, as well. Interesting.

He can look a little like Jesus, actually:

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Lincoln, Jesus and Aaron Rodgers: all lily white, all loved by Wisconsonites. Coincidence? I think not.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Does Brett Favre still register, or is he a traitor now?

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
        Lincoln, Jesus and Aaron Rodgers: all lily white, all loved by Wisconsonites. Coincidence? I think not.
        Jesus was middle eastern, probably not actually lily white. He was lily white on my Great-Grandma's collectible Jesus plate set, but not in real life.

Comment

I find it more troubling that one in four disapproves of MLK, and one in three dislikes Gandhi and/or Nelson Mandela.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Mojotronica View Post
            Jesus was middle eastern, probably not actually lily white. He was lily white on my Great-Grandma's collectible Jesus plate set, but not in real life.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
              I find it more troubling that one in four disapproves of MLK, and one in three dislikes Gandhi and/or Nelson Mandela.
              Can Nelson Mandela throw 4 touchdown passes and run in two more against Denver?
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Well of course Lincoln is more popular than Jesus - even atheists can root for Lincoln.

What I don't understand is who are these 14% unfavorable of Washington? Is it because he owned slaves?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

They probably thought it was the Redskins...

Comment

As a Wisconsinite, I'd only be favorable toward Rodgers if he played for the Bears.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                      Well of course Lincoln is more popular than Jesus - even atheists can root for Lincoln.

What I don't understand is who are these 14% unfavorable of Washington? Is it because he owned slaves?
                      those are the remnants of imperial supporters still holding out in Wisconsin.
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

They sure do seem to think highly of their football team.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                        X