No announcement yet.

Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's MMO style, I won't be interested. I'm not into the Elder Scrolls for the setting, I'm into it for the sandbox freedom.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

The MMO is separate from the SP games.
      The Dawnguard DLC is the next expansion, and is simple an addon to the Skyrim SP experience.

Skyrim was my first ES game, I dont usualy do swords and wizards and magic games, but I saw all the hype and thought I'd give it a go. I had a blast, and put like 300 hours into one character. A good guy as well, so I skipped the Companions, DB (destroyed them) and TG. I figured I could go back with another more evil character and do those if needed. I tried making a couple new characters, but after 300 hours, I didnt really want to do a whole bunch of leveling again etc.

Perhaps I will pick back up with my main guy and do those again, on a separate save.

Comment

The Companions aren't exactly bad guys, though.

The TG aren't particularly good, and the DB are pretty bad on their best days, but there really isn't anything objectionable about the Companions.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Sure, it was the whole werewolf bit that turned me off to the companions.

As an aside, I see Skyrim is on a STEAM sale today for 33% off. Get some!

Comment

You can undo the werewolf stuff after you complete the quest.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

It is DEFINITELY worth it to be a Werewolf, though. Vampire sucks, but werewolf provides you with a lot of bonuses (complete disease resistance which is more useful than you think) and the ability to turn into a werewolf. The only con is you no longer get an XP bonus from being well-rested but who cares about that? How often do you really sleep in the game (this isn't New Vegas on hardcore) and making you hit the level cap quicker is to what advantage anyway, since everything scales to you regardless?

Though, to be honest, I did play 100+ hours becoming a werewolf about 20 hours in, did all the main quests for Companions, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, and won the war for the Empire, and only made it to level 43. I wouldn't have been sleeping anyway, though, werewolf or not.

I'm honestly not sure how people hit the level cap unless they make sure they sleep every day
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I've played 200 hours and am at level 33. Destroyed the DB, did companions and college of winterhold. Defeated the stormcloaks, killed Alduin, and crawled probably two dozen dungeons in addition to several daedric prince quests. Level cap is pretty damn high.

Comment

Interesting that I'm at a higher level than you with a lot less hours. What the hell?
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Maybe he spent time reading books, or furnishing his house or.. well there are a zillion ways to spend time on Skyrim without pumping your exp up.

Comment

I always like to play such kind of action and adventurous games. I have played all the variant of Skyrim game and it is my one of the most favorite Role playing games ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        Interesting that I'm at a higher level than you with a lot less hours. What the hell?
                        Just checked, actually it's 150 hours...strange. Thought it was 200.

Also that probably counts a lot of times when I left it paused and wasn't actually playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fistandantilus View Post
                          Maybe he spent time reading books, or furnishing his house or.. well there are a zillion ways to spend time on Skyrim without pumping your exp up.
                          Also, smithing, enchanting and alchemy can make you level up faster than concentrating on martial/magic skills alone.
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I cheated my smithing and enchanting skills up to 100. I was not interested in that grinding.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                              I cheated my smithing and enchanting skills up to 100. I was not interested in that grinding.

I made all the iron daggers in the world and enchanted them and silver rings to get those up. It still didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Comment

I got lucky and wound up with a transmute spell real early. Turned iron into silver, and silver into gold. It meant that leveling went a little too fast once I started crafting and enchanting jewelry, so I ended up throttling back that effort. It's interesting how one person's grind is a leveling hazard for someone else.
                                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X