No announcement yet.

Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, I have Lydia following me everywhere. She just ****s **** up, especially since she has an ebony shield I looted and a nice sword. As a character she's about as interesting as a faded brick, though.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

The followers aren't fleshed out in Skyrim nearly as well as Obsidian did with New Vegas. I lost Lydia in a fight, and replaced her with the elf from the first town. Never really noticed any difference. There don't appear to be any quest chains or morality issues or anything like that.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I probably should pick someone up. I am up to level 17 and have been doing it all on my own.

Comment

Followers are hillarious yet not so useful in many occasions

Ohh Lydia

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

This game is the tits.

If, like me, you are going after the sneaky assassin/thief build, companions/followers are a big detriment. They constantly blow your cover. I'm having a much easier time going it alone.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Yep.
              I always tell Lydia to wait outside for me while I clear a dungeon by myself. (She's especially bad at sneaking)
              Quendelie axan!

Comment

You'd think I'd get tired of casting invisibility, sneaking up behind a bad guy, and 30x sneaking him with my mega-enchanted dagger.

You'd be wrong.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

This game looks like it has promise.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    You'd think I'd get tired of casting invisibility, sneaking up behind a bad guy, and 30x sneaking him with my mega-enchanted dagger.

You'd be wrong.
                    Do you play like this in every game?
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

The Empire are the good guys, right? I'm playing as an Imperial who joined the legion so that may color my experience but someone I know went with the Stormcloaks and he said they're racist as hell.

Looks like Brotherhood of Steel vs. Outcasts in Fallout but if the Outcasts were actually actively prejudiced and murderous.
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        Do you play like this in every game?
                        Why on earth should you care?
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                          Why on earth should you care?
                          Psychological implications.

Comment

Googling 'stormcloaks racist' and reading threads on it is funny because the stormcloak supporters are likely racists in real life. A lot of people (Stormcloak supporters) likened Skyrim to real-life 'white areas being over-run by foreigners' and kept talking about racism is only anti-white... nothing wrong with demanding that your country be for your people.

This quote sums it:
                            So in other words you have nothing. Anti-racism is a code word for anti-white.
                            Whites like the Nords have good reason not to like outsiders. Also its our
                            countries and we don't have to justify ourselves in them and neither do the
                            Nords.
                            Stormcloaks are Stormfront in Skyrim.

I though Bethesda would make it a little more nuanced but guess not. Interesting how racists still cling to their way of looking at things even in a video game.

There's a thread at Stormfront's website about Skyrim and needless to say, they're all Stormcloak players.
                            Last edited by Al B. Sure!; February 15, 2012, 18:10.

Comment

I'm a Nord Stormcloak.
                              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                                I'm a Nord Stormcloak.
                                Closet white supremacist.

Comment

Working...
                                X