No announcement yet.

Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My main problem with this game is that I can't be bothered installing it.

STEAM were far more expensive than buying the game on DVD. However, I've got so used to just clicking a button and the game fully installs, patches itself and everything.

I've got to remove the wrapping and everything

Comment

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
      My main problem with this game is that I can't be bothered installing it.

STEAM were far more expensive than buying the game on DVD. However, I've got so used to just clicking a button and the game fully installs, patches itself and everything.

I've got to remove the wrapping and everything
      I don't really mind the price increase for AAA games. The games that cost a **** ton to make cost 60, but the indie games that are developed on a shoestring cost 10-20.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

The game is all kinds of awesome.

It's the first game I installed on my new Vertex 3 SSD, and man oh man is it awesome. ~1 second zone load times, max.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          Oy.
          Vey?

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
            The game is all kinds of awesome.

It's the first game I installed on my new Vertex 3 SSD, and man oh man is it awesome. ~1 second zone load times, max.
            Loading times on HDD are quite fast too. It seems faster than Oblivion.

Is there a point in the game when bears and tigers don't **** you up in 2 shots(or bites). I am lvl15 and have an armor rating of 160 and they almost one shot me.
            Quendelie axan!

Comment

I'm rocking mage robes, and they're not that tough. Of course, they're usually dead before they reach me, so that might be why.

Guy, 70 in pickpocket? Your new name is Doctor Klepto.

Comment

93 now.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

But stealing is bad!

How does this game compare to Oblivion? I couldn't really get into it, got lost pretty quickly.

I did enjoy FO3 and NV a lot, though.
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

It incorporates lessons from FO3, like the level scaling method. It has companion characters, but they seem pretty flat and uninteresting. Obsidian did a much better job in making the companions feel like they were full fledged characters. Bethesda has always emphasized the single player experience though.

My big beef with Oblivion was that I felt like I had to make every level up count, so I was always metagaming my way out of the experience. The new leveling system gives a lot more freedom to play however I want to play. I don't know what you didn't like about it though.

Comment

Oblivion+Expansions+DLC is on sale for like $6 on steam for the next 12 hours or so btw.(or $5 without the DLC) I bought it, it's a pretty awesome deal.

I'll wait till the price comes down before I get Skyrim.
                      "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
                        Oblivion+Expansions+DLC is on sale for like $6 on steam for the next 12 hours or so btw.(or $5 without the DLC) I bought it, it's a pretty awesome deal.

I'll wait till the price comes down before I get Skyrim.
                        That's kind of where I'm sitting. I don't really have the time or money to truly invest in Skyrim, so I've been playing Oblivion again. Having played it before makes it easier to put down if I have to.

__________________________________________________ ____________

I'm always looking for a funny status & dad jokes
                        Last edited by CultureClash; March 14, 2018, 20:22.
                        I'm always looking for a funny facebook status & dad jokes

Comment

SNEAK ATTACK!

Originally posted by Sir Og View Post

Is there a point in the game when bears and tigers don't **** you up in 2 shots(or bites). I am lvl15 and have an armor rating of 160 and they almost one shot me.

Well my second Dragon got killed by two Bears

Its so easy to get distracted while Questing

What i wanted to do: Go and buy a Kitchen for my House before a Companion Quest

What I ended up doing:
                          Spoiler:
                          Got tipped off the Inn Keeper might have work, joined a Drinking Game in that Tavern, woke up in Markarth. On my way to the city limits I accidently thwarted an Assassination thus starting to uncover an Conspiracy, while going to a Secret Meeting to investigate I came by a Haunted House where I instantly began my new Career working for a Daedric Prince. True to Form I proceeded my Evil Allegiance by trying to rob a Temple which did not work out as planned.. Before leaving the City I accepted an Quest to clear out a Mausoleum but accidently took the Wrong Dungeon Door thus I ended up clearing a Big Dwemer Dungeon. Back at Whiterun I went on the Companion Mission only to get jumped by a Dragon which in Turn got mauled by two Cave Bears. After getting sidetracked again by some small Locationhunting I finally arrived at Home, played Hide and Seek with my Neighbours Daughter, rearranged my Bookshelf and called it a Day.

But Tomorrow Tomorrow I will buy my Kitchen!
                          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Locationmarked Map of Skyrim:

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

So I finally installed it and clicked to play and the loading screen comes up and soon I'm booted back to steam. Well, it turns out Skyrim needs you to go into Sound and have the 'default' at 192,000 or some such nonsense. After this I got playing and I'm enjoying this awesome game

Got to find some way of stopping sabre tooth tigers and trolls killing me. I'm a dragon-slayer that gets killed by trolls and some weird goblin things.

Comment

This game is fantastic. I'm a nord swordmage--sword in one hand, sith lightning bolts in the other, and I breath fire. ****ing awesome. I am the perpetrator of the dragon holocaust.

I cheated for enchanting and smithing skills (**** that grinding nonsense. I'm not going to smith enough jewelry to rival DeBeers just so I can build and enchant my ****.) Got a skyforge steel sword I named Skyward Sword and some other nice stuff.
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X