Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Story Thread 12 - October 2011]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Story Thread 12 - October 2011]

This is the Story and Diplomacy Thread for the Diplo Game "Destiny of Empires" (DoE)

The purpose of this thread is to post in-character story posts and diplomacy for this game. Please discuss all organizational aspects of this game the Organization Thread.
    Use your Anonymous Apolyton Game Account to put posts in this thread.

Destiny of Empires is a diplomacy game.
    The players try to rule their empires like they are real. Role playing and story telling is an important way to achieve this.
    Fore more information visit the Diplogame FAQ by OzzyKP

For more information visit the Organization Thread.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Replying to the Ottoman fabrications:

Arabia did not join the "Axis", Arabia did not betray anyone. Arabia believes in freedom and peace and is fed up with the Russo-Ottoman aggression politics. They use an ancient conflict as an excuse to oppress nations, to deny their right to govern themselves, killing innocents and bringing destruction everywhere.
    As a first act of protest we choose to cease any diplomatic ties with the Ottomans, including all tradees and open border treaty.

Mahoud A. Salam

Comment

Notice to All Nations:

I will be on extended assignment overseeing the trials of the War Criminals Camaxtli and Santa-Enya. Following this, I will be in charge of closing the Azteca matters. The Sultan has retitled me the Chief of Turkish Mexico, and given me final authority on these matters. Any concerns with regard to Turkish Mexico should be addressed to me.

In my absence, the Sutan has appointed a replacement, Kymlakar, to replace me as Public Relations Minister. I leave you in her capable hands.

In Memoriam... Remember the Alamo.

Aysecan, Chief of Turkish Mexico

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note to Arabia:

Hello Mahoud, or Mr. Salam,

I'm Kymlakar, you can call me Kym for short. I know we will be great friends. Turkey is confused by what you just said to us. What fabrications are you talking about? Turkey never accused you of betraying anyone, or joining Axis or anything like that. Can you please let me know specifically what you have heard so I can address it properly? Arabia has always been good friends of Turkey and we want to keep it that way.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kym
      Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

Interview with one the last representatives of the Aztec Revoltionairy Committee.

"Mr. Aztlimaztli, you carry the name of a great Aztec tradition, does this help to keep on fighting for Aztec freedom?"

"Off course, my entire family has lived conform Aztec traditions, now these are being trampled by Ottomans, Russians and the like..
        My heart cryes, but it is on fire.

Even more so as the Ottomans continue to make such flagrant propaganda. They have no respect for the truth whatsoever.

Still they claim they have captured Camaxtli, while we from the Revolutionairy comittee are still looking for him. We are convinced, and have prove they have captured one of his body doubles.."

"But sir, you hate Camaxtli, what do you care ?"

"Now an innocent man will be put on a show trial, and knowing the Turks, he will likely be killed. Meanwhile Camaxtli is still free."

He pauses, and sighs, then he continues..

"Furthermore they say that a man named Santa-Enya is guilty of all sorts of terrible crimes.

We have possession of all Aztec military files, and no such man exists.
        Would also be silly, as only men of proper Aztec bloodlines,
        thus with Aztec names, where allowed to enter the Aztec military.

This fabrication is so far fetched, and their spies are so badly informed that they come up with such a thing.."

He returns to his radio where the revolutionairies play this song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9IwL...eature=related
        Last edited by Aztecs (DoE); October 20, 2011, 14:53.

Comment

The Sexxstanbul

Where is Queen Jacqueline of France?

An age old mystery uncovered... - By the Editor

King Phillipe of France's first wife was of course the lovely Queen Jacqueline. She was last seen shortly after then-Dauphin Louis' wedding to Marie Claire, shortly after the infamous betrayal at Ekron Oasis. This is documented in Chapter 7, notice #128 of the great World history record.

However, later, when The Sexxstanbul first broke the story that Lady Aysecan was harbouring a secret love for the French King, and had just had her heart broken by him, rumors surfaced in the historical record (chapter 8, notice #46) that the King had a argument with a new Queen of France, Queen Dominique.

So the question this Editor has is, where did Queen Jacqueline go? Was the French Queen Murdered or just Quietly Replaced? What does King Louis have to say about the disappearance of his Mother? Surely there must be some explanation for why the mother of the King, loyal, proud Queen Jacqueline was replaced by some newer, younger model. The historical record reflects that King Phillipe and Queen Dominique were married for over 30 years, prior to Louis' coronation. So what happened to Jacqueline all this time? Was there some massive cover-up? Was King Louis a part of it?

Our sources have reported that the exile of King Louis was actually a cover story for his own personal investigation into the whereabouts of his mother, rather than despair over the loss of the french fleet to the Magnificent Martyr.

The Sexxstanbul will continue to investigate this most intriguing story...

Santa Enya Exposed!

stock prison photo- Courtesy of The Daily Turkey

In response to recent claims by the Azteca press, the Turkish court has hired experts in Azteca language to verify the identities of Santa Enya. Camaxtli has already been identified by dental records and handwriting experts, so his identity is beyond question. The Sexxstanbul has also accuired the services of a North American Accolyte who is fluent in Azteca, American and Turkish.

Our expert translator has determined what would be the correct Azteca pronounciation of the former General's infamous name. However, our readers will recall, that the coloquial Turkish pronounciation, "Santa-Enya", came from Suleiman the Magnificent's Caribbean-American guide "The Snake Man." We have learned that due to the "Snake Man's" accent, we were slightly mistaken about the correct pronounciation. The American pronounciation is "Saint Ana."

Apparently, the Azteca General is nicknamed after his illustrious sacred and sainted Mother. The General's Mother was a prominent Azteca Moon preistess whose name was "Anacaona", which loosely translates into "Ana", or "Enya" in American and Caribbean tongues. The legends of Saint Ana are well known in Azteca culture, including the famous "Miracle at St. Ana's" temple.

"Saint Ana" literally translates to "Omixochitl" in Azteca, but we have learned that the General's given name is actually "Xiuhcozcatl", which translates into "Antonio Lopez" in the American tongue. Therefore, out of respect to the Aztec people and their language, The Sexxstanbul will refer to "Santa-Enya" as Xiuhcozcatl from now on...
          Last edited by Ottoman Empire (DoE); November 3, 2011, 18:06.

Comment

The Daily Turkey

The Trial of the Century
            on location at ‘Black Rock’ Prison

Black Rock Prison - stock Photo

Three accused War Criminals were put on trial today following the crushing defeat of the Axis forces at the ironically named “Freedom” City in North Africa. The Sultan felt it was best to conduct all three trials jointly, as is customary under Turkish law when there are alleged war crimes in an ongoing conflict.

Mad-King Camaxtli during the Africa invasion plans... He was reportedly "Enthusiastic" about conquering Africa, sources said.

The Defendants were Camaxtli, the infamous former Mad-King of Azteca, General Antonio "Santa-Enya" Lopez, the famous Azteca General who was responsible for the death of the Magnificent Martyr, and finally, Supreme Commander Jamal himself. Mad-King Camaxtli has been stripped of all his titles by Chief Aysecan, and will be the first one tried in this massive undertaking.

Camaxtli - court photo - Courtesy of Blackrock Prison

The charges against Camaxtli were that he committed war crimes in selling the people of Tlaxcala to Valhalla, which led to widespread revolt, starvation and death in the city, in order to obtain weapons of War from Axis. Camaxtli was also charged with refusing to accept the desperate Tlaxians back into Azteca rule, which led to prolonged death and suffering. Ultimately, the Tlaxian genocide reduced a size 15 city to size 1, one of the greatest atrocities in history.

Camaxtli was also charged with plotting to conquer Africa. He was reportedly seen wearing intricate sashes depicting the continent of Africa and had begun calling himself "Future King of Africa" prior to the Turkish invasion. Finally, Camaxtli is charged with dereliction of his duties as ruler and the wholesale abandonment of the Azteca people in his Madness over losing the War against Russia.

General Antonio "Saint Ana" Lopez AKA "Santa-Enya" stock photo - Tlaxian Press

The charges against Xiuhcozcatl "Santa-Enya" Lopez were that he committed war crimes when he ordered the cold blooded murder of Suleiman the Magnificent and his personal bodyguards, when there was no military objective to be gained through this action. It is alleged that Santa-Enya sacrificed scores of his own men to kill Suleiman, even though he realized that the fleet was already sunk, and that Suleiman was scheduled to leave the mainland, having accomplished his mission. It is further alleged that Camaxtli and Santa-Enya simply lusted for Suleiman’s demise, and Camaxtli is implicated for ordering the senseless deaths of his men to accomplish this at all costs.

Supreme Commander Jamal - courtesy of Turkish Army

The charges against Jamal were that he committed war crimes and violated Turkish policy announced by the Sultan, and enumerated in his own Great Treatise of International Law. This occurred when he unilaterally declared war on Valhalla, in order to capture Freedom City and sink the Axis fleet. At the time War was declared Valhalla was ranked lower than Turkey, and Jamal’s own Great Treatise of International Law holds it a violation of International Law to attack a lower ranked nation, (except in very limited circumstances). The Sultan embraced this doctrine and Sultan has deemed it a war crime, and a violation of International Law and Turkish Policy to conduct conquest oriented war against lower ranked nations

The trial will be presided over by the Chief of Turkish Mexico, Lady Aysecan. The matter falls primarily within her jurisdiction as two of the Defendants are accused relative to their actions during the Azteca conflict.

Sultan Ahmed V set to Resign

Sultan Ahmed at Suleiman's Funeral - Courtesy of the Palace in Istanbul

The Government has issued a statement from the Sultan, announcing his imminent retirement. “Now is the time to see to my Grandchildren, visit my father’s grave, and enjoy my old age. Queen Irina will remain in power to care for the people of Turkey, but I will withdraw from public life. It has been my honor to serve Turkey, and I believe I have served her well.” When asked how he could withdraw, and yet leave the Queen in power, Sultan Ahmed replied “The Queen is young, vibrant, and full of ideas. I am old and tired, and it is time for me to rest.”
            Last edited by Ottoman Empire (DoE); November 3, 2011, 18:13.

Comment

Notice to Azteca Press concerning recent misinformation:

You recently published an interview with one of the Azteca Revolutionary leaders, Aztlimaztli, where he claimed "only men of proper Aztec bloodlines, thus with Aztec names, where allowed to enter the Aztec military."

This claim is patently and obviously false, as Suleiman the Magnificent Martyr famously sank a huge contingent of Azteca Naval vessels which were piloted by French and Vikings sailors. These members of the Azteca military obviously were not of Azteca bloodlines, and thus did not have Azteca names. So clearly this revolutionary leader is misinformed has no credibility whatsoever to discuss Azteca military files.

Aysecan, Chief of Turkish Mexico
              Last edited by Ottoman Empire (DoE); November 3, 2011, 15:40.

Comment

We applaud the Ottoman fiction writers for another great story.

Still, they fail to get even the most basic facts right...

Apparently, the Azteca General is nicknamed after his illustrious sacred and sainted Mother. The General's Mother was a prominent Azteca Moon preistess whose name was "Anacaona", which loosely translates into "Ana", or "Enya" in American and Caribbean tongues. The legends of Saint Ana are well known in Azteca culture, including the famous "Miracle at St. Ana's" temple.
                The Aztecs have never known the concept of Saints and moon priests.. the Aztecs always have been and will be followers of Buddha.

Comment

Shocking revelation

Aztec expert translators have done a counter investigation.
                  And they have uncovered a shocking plot which tells us a lot why the Turks keep coming with these wild stories..

Click here http://www.quizopolis.com/smurf_name.php
                  and fill in first name: "Sultan", last name: "Ahmed 5"
                  Last edited by Aztecs (DoE); November 3, 2011, 18:50.

Comment

Note to Aztecs in General:

Hey Aztecs,

Not sure who wrote those last two notes to Turkey. I'll just assume it was the Aztec press, Okay?

Anyway, we Turks aren't really sure what "smurfs" are but they sure sound smurfy! Thanks for the laugh we Turks have always enjoyed laughing at what passes for journalism in Azteca.

About your main points though, I am a little confused. Are you saying you don't know what the Moon is? You guys have Astronomy right? It's the Big silver white ball in the sky at night. The big one. The little ones are called "stars." At least that's what we call them in Turkey. You've seen them before, trust me.

Or maybe you mean you don't know what a Priestess is. Thats easy! A Priestess is the same as a Priest, except she's a girl... like me! Way groovy! You know what a Priest is right? You discovered Priesthood already didn't you? They are the guys that work at the temple. You have those right?

So I guess you were thinking that Buddhism didn't have saints. Well there are Saints in Buddhism . You guys should really do more research into your own country's religion if you're going to be masquerading as news media.

Or you can keep writing about smurfs... whatever those are.

Hope that was educational! Great chatting!

Smooches,

Kym, Public Relations
                    Last edited by Ottoman Empire (DoE); November 4, 2011, 00:31.

Comment

The German Revolution of 1842

In the middle of the 19th century, Germany (and many other parts of Europe) had reached a stage where the shears between the social, cultural, and economical situation on the one hand and the political reality on the other were widely open. Whether the beginning industrial revolution had brought about or only accelerated the liberal movement in Germany is an interesting and controversial historical question that must be left aside here. Regardless of the answer, in the years proceeding the revolution Germany was in a situation where the suppression of democratic principles such as freedom of the press, democratic representation in the legislature, and the independence of the judicature could only hardly be maintained by the ruling alliance of nobles and military.

A revolt in Paris between the 22nd and 24th of February 1842 soon turned out to be the final trigger leading the situation in Germany to explode.

Only a few days later the first uprising began as a spontaneously organized peasant revolts in the South-West (Baden) of Germany and in Bavaria.

Wave-like, the revolution spread over the metropolitan areas in the Rhine-land to the political and military head of Prussia in Berlin. Surprised and overthrown by the strength of the movement many monarchs declared their willingness to install most of the basic democratic principles demanded.

On March 5th, soon after these first uprisings, the liberal leaders and intellectual fathers of the revolution met in Heidelberg to discuss further steps to institutionalize the revolutionary changes obtained so far. It was decided upon that a provisional government should meet in Frankfurt to prepare a general election and to begin the work on a new, liberal constitution. This provisional government had its constituting session on March 31st and was eventually replaced by an elected legislative body on May 18th.
                      Last edited by Germany (DoE); November 5, 2011, 02:19.
                      The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

The Freie Deutsche Republik offers peace and open relations to all nations of the world.

Friends of old, welcome by our side.

And a warm welcome, new friends, let us talk and renew our relations.
                        We are open to every reasonable proposal.
                        The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

Notice to All Nations:

A coalition of Turkish Marines and Aztec Rebel forces have ended the Azteca rebellion. All Camaxtli imposters have been captured and summarily executed. Azteca has now joined Turkey and has formed the Province of Turkish-Mexico. All Mexican cities have been renamed to reflect this change. Now that Mexico has joined Turkey, I officially request that all former Azteca cities be returned to the Mexican people. Failure to do so will be considered an act of war against Mexico. Please direct all replies to:

Lady Aysecan
                          The office of the Chief of Mexico
                          Mexico City, Mexico

All loyal Mexican military have sworn allegiance to Turkey and condemned Camaxtli. Most of the citizens of the former Azteca nation have embraced the Turkish people and their new Turkish-Mexican identity. Henceforth they will referred to as Mexicans or Mexiturks or Turkish-Mexicans.

In Memoriam... Remember the Alamo.

Lady Aysecan, Chief of Mexico

Comment

Chaos in Arabia

President Salam is missing. Last time he was reported to visit his friend, Old Veneta in a sanatorium and then both of them went missing. The arabian generals didn't know what to do, they hesitated advancing their armies and meanwhile the Chinese has managed to increase their defenses significantly. When they finally arrived to under Beijing they couldnt make their contact with the Indian spy who was supposed to open the city gates so they decided to retreat from China, offering a 10 turn cease fire to them.

Comment

"So, secret agent Anna is here at last?" Boris said on entering

"Yes, Colonel - she is expecting you"

"I hate those spies - they come and disappear as they want every time! You can never be sure of them."

Upon entering the room Boris stopped stunned by the view of the secret agent Anna relaxing after mission

"I'll never get used to this" Boris said to himself looking at the spy's frugal working wear suit.

"So, Comrade Anna, is everything OK?

"Vse v poriadke, dorogoi moi" Anna said smiling slightly

"Al the orders fulfilled?"

"Da, polkovnik"

"Good then, we have to report to Moskva" Boris said pleased "Lets hope Natasha did her job well too"

Comment

Working...
                              X