Lori needs a new story idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lori needs a new story idea.

My imagination has been failing me of late. I need a setting or a plot or an interesting character for my next science fiction novel. Help me, Apolyton, you're my only hope.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

My writing group suggested I do a robot meets girl story.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Er...what kind of sci-fi do you do? Not that I know much about the different kinds, but it's a pretty broad genre, no? Are we talking crypto-religious stuff like Clarke, cyberpunk, cheesy space opera, or what?
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Imagine what would happen if there were actually an anti-bank jihad.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Space opera is a good approximation of what I write.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            My writing group suggested I do a robot meets girl story.
            They've added a twist to the story. The robot gets a virus! Is its soul in its hard drive? Oh no!

Comment

Snap, that's something I've never even tried writing. Have you considered transplanting something from history (like the Opium War or something) into outer space? Sorry it's not much of an idea...
              1011 1100

Comment

Hey, it's better than my total lack of ideas.

Comment

Humanity goes on a Jihad to conqueror the galaxy after early on in the space faring ways gets attacked by a few other alien species, and in the end causes humanity to split into several factions. And all the aliens die.
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Rocks fall. All the aliens die.

Comment

God is found living on a far off planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                        God is found living on a far off planet.
                        I actually have a short story with this premise. But it's not exactly God.

Comment

A (classic) D&D style Paladin somehow wakes up in 20th Cent Ohio...

JM
                          (not space opera)
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Probably been done, but we send one of those forty-year ships to colonize another planet. It discovers that the planet is already populated by an intelligent, but not technologically advanced, species. Colonists don't have fuel to return, so they have to live there, but it raises a whole slew of ethical dilemmas, which aren't helped by the captain/protagonist's *****y liberal robot girlfriend, who downloaded a major in postcolonial studies or some other BS diploma.
                            1011 1100

Comment

Jesus then, a clone of Jesus is made from the blood "on the nails" and there is nothing non human about him.

Comment

Working...
                              X