Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roguelike you like

Any?

I started playing Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup and damn if it's not addictive.

I also tried zangband and z+band but they seemed too slow and boring to me.

Seems okay, will play more tomorrow.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

The Worst Thing about Soup is that you see your Inventory after your Death and every friggin Time I find something that could have saved me
      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Hehe! I get that too, and it just reminds me of how much I suck at it.

I've made about three dozen mountain dwarf fighters, but they never seem to get below level 12-13 or so. On the other hand none of my high elf wizards have so far survived Siegfried...

I've just started my second Kobold Berserker. I have high hopes for this one.

But, irrespective of the Soup talk (it is a great game), can anybody recommend me any other rougelikes I might like? ASCII graphics are no problem. It was the long empty corridors that turned me off Zangband, so quicker action is preferable.

Comment

I'm having quite a lot of fun playing this, thanks Kitschum!

ACK!

Comment

Hard though, isn't it?

Comment

I recently started playing some Zombie survival rogues ( Rogue Survivor, Catalysm) dont know wheter those might interest you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
                Hard though, isn't it?
                I'm cheating now. Every time you save the game it kicks you out completely, so I make a backup copy.

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain View Post
                  I recently started playing some Zombie survival rogues ( Rogue Survivor, Catalysm) dont know wheter those might interest you?
                  They might, thanks. I'll check them out.

Comment

Rogue Survivor (I use Deon's mod) has me getting punked by bikers all the time, and getting inadvertently shot by CHAR guards or whatever they are. Cataclysm seems nice, but yeah, soon as I think I'm getting a good start I get over-confident and start to fight the zombies instead of running like I know I'm supposed to. The ending to that story is always predictable.

Had some fun with Desktop Dungeons. It has ti-i-iles too... so you know.

I'm thinking whether I should cough up the bucks for Unreal World or not? Anyone played it? Thoughts?

Comment

I used to open the Doors of the Guarded buildings and let the undead/Army/whatever do the Rest

There is a special on roguelikes at RPS ( http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...es/#more-86051 ) which showed severeal rogues I never heard of. There is an Doom-Rogue how did I miss that??

Comment

Eww you all are playing games that look like this in 2011?

What the ****?
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Um, yes?

Substance > visuals?
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Should we tell him about Gog.com, or will it make his head explode?
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Maybe I should post a screeenshot of Dwarf Fortress, which also more or less counts as a roguelike
                              (at leats the part where you create your own adventurer and exlore the world ... in contrast to the other connected part of the game, which is one of the most complex fortress building games I know of)

For those who only see ASCII let me explain the scene:
                              You see a trading caravan with mules and caravan guards crossing a bridge over a river in order to approach the fortress on the right half of the screen.
                              Said fortress is guarded by 3 catapults next to the entrance (which btw. is adorned by 2 statues), as well as 2 ballistae behind arrow slits.
                              Within the forress you see a lot of single occupancy rooms (with a bed and a bag for the belongings of the occupant) a barracks, as well as a well, a canteen and a still, where a busy brewer is creating more booze to keep the dwarves happy.

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                              X