No announcement yet.

NHL '11-'12 talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****ing pisses me off the Oilers keep getting first overall picks.

The problem with the current system is the teams at the bottom of the heap (early 2000 Penguins) get back to back to back first overall picks, then build a kickass team for a decade. The teams who are in the middle can't rely on the draft to do **** for them. They'll always be in the middle.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Another example would be the only other team to get 3 #1 picks in a row.....the Quebec Nordiques who in 89 took Mats Sundin, in 90 took Owen Nolan and in 91 took Eric Lindros (who never played for them but was turned into Peter Forsberg and others). Though the Nordiques moved not long after, these three drafts (along with a player drafted earlier, someone named Sakic?) were largely responsible for the Avalanche success of the late 90's.

/me
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Mildly surprised.

Hope is they can trade it for ready to play assets and a pick that will get the DMan the scouts want. Although, it is a bit late to be adding D through the draft. They often take several years before you see them able to contribute to a really good team.

May as well take Yakupov, unless Suter is part of what comes back from Nashville.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Flames have fired the last Sutter.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• ok -- so the Flames have basically traded out all of the coaches except the goalie coach . . .. BUt the player moves are where the fate of next season will come in. What will a Jay Feaster team look like in the first off-season where he has some freedom to make his team ( cap space and roster spots)

Other observations or question about teams that will likley be more interesting than the Flames

1. Interesting to me that Pitt signed Vokoun on both sides-- It says to me that Vokoun REALLY wants a shot to win. With any decent goaltending PItt would have gotten by Philly .. . MAF retains his presumptive #1 status but it really gives Pitt flexibility in goal.

2. Washington gets simpler as it is likely Holtby -Neuvirth. It looks like Holtby is the real deal but it will be cool to see how he reacts through a full NHL season

3. How does Detroit retool without Lidstrom .. . word is they want to go hard at Suter but will he even be available-- Apparently Nashville is indicating they will sign him and Suter has every bit as big an opportunity to be part of a winner in Nashville

4. What does San JOse do- another disappopinting playoff but this one followed a regular season that indicated they are fading.

5 The Oilers . .. frankly they had so much talent last year that I believe them fading as badly as they did was appalling. The culture where that seems any way acceptable, has to end and end soon-- With any kind of goaltending , (and maybe the addition of a solid d-man and this is a team that has the talent to do some serious damage
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• How about this for re-alignment. Playoffs with the top 8 teams and each division winner. 8 divisions, Three conferences, east, midwest, and west. 1/4th of all playoff teams every year guaranteed to be Canadian. Great for travel.

Vancouver
              Edmonton
              Calgary
              Winnipeg

Anaheim
              San Jose
              Los Angeles

Colorado
              Phoenix
              Dallas

Detroit
              Minnesota
              Chicago
              St. Louis

Nashville
              Carolina
              Tampa Bay
              Florida

Toronto
              Ottawa
              Montreal
              Buffalo

Boston
              NY Rangers
              NY Islanders
              New Jersey

Pittsburgh
              Philadelphia
              Washington
              Columbus
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                It appears the rumors were true; the 2013 Winter Classic will be Toronto at Detroit in Michigan Stadium, back in my old hometown of Ann Arbor.

I'm gonna do whatever I can to get tickets.
                Sorry Guynemer, but while scrolling to see what Ben posted, I happened on this post....and it made me laugh my a$$ off. I hope you were able to get tickets, maybe you can frame them and hang them on your wall?
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                X