CIV3 Complete Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIV3 Complete Editor

So, I am having trouble editing new technologies in the Tech Tree and I need some help.

I keep getting a Pediaicon TECH_(the name), it is the same tech over and over again when I try to test the game.

All I did was changed "Bronze Working" to "Forging" and changed Spearman and The Colossus to the New Bronze working (iron working). At the moment all it is an ancient atomic theory, it's there, but it doesn't give you anything. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

I would suggest going to CFC creation forum for help.

Comment

You did more than just rename the Bronze Working tech to Forging. You must have also changed the entry in the 'Civilopedia Entry' box, from TECH_Bronze_Working to something else, and now the game is looking for that entry in the Civilopedia and the PediaIcons.txt files and not finding it.

You can:

1) go back to Rules->Civilization Advances ->Forging in your editor and change the entry in the 'Civilopedia Entry' box back to TECH_Bronze_Working and everything should be fine.

or

2) If you want to, you can, using Notepad, change the files in the PediaIcons.txt and Civilopedia.txt files to conform to the new Civilopedia Entry, change the Civilopedia description, even change the graphic. Be very careful, and try to know what you're doing before you change anything, tho, because, as you've just discovered, a small mistake can have big effect.

As vmxa posted, you can find alot of information about this in the Civ III Creation & Customization forum over at CivFanatics.com. You can also find units and new building and tech graphics in their Download Database. Happy hunting.
      Last edited by Balthasar; September 30, 2011, 01:38.

Comment

Working...
      X