Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tropico 4 = Tropico 3.25, which = ...

Still ****ing Awesome.

On the one hand, it is hard to justify the $40 price tag.

On the other hand, I've gotten at least three times that much enjoyment out of the game so far.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

The best bet? Wait until a Steam sale (which is what I'm doing, and I love Tropico 3).

I really wish there was more god games out there nowadays...
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

It is soooooo much fun.

Probably the biggest change is the character builder. There are no more positive and negative traits; just a long list of traits--some a minor benefit, some a big benefit with a significant penalty--of which you pick three, and as you complete missions they "level up".

Farmer + Communist rebellion + Entreprenual + Hardworking + can't remember the last one = Profit.

Comment

Haven't tried it yet, decided to wait as from what I have seen it just looked like Tropico 3. I'll probably get it when it's on sale
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I wasn't that enthralled with Tropico 3, it looked almost the same as Tropico 1. Is there a REAL difference with this new installment?

Comment

I'm already bored with Shogun 2 and I've only had it for a week so maybe Tropico 4 will be what I'm looking for.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I love me some Tropico, but 4 doesn't look $40 different from 3... I'll wait a few months as well for the inevitable Steam sale. League of Legends can keep me occupied in the meanwhile.

Comment

There's currently a Steam sale on the "Tropico Trilogy" for £6.79:

Tropico Reloaded
                Tropico 2: Pirate Cove
                Tropico 3 - Steam special edition
                Tropico 3: Absolute Power

Never actually played any Tropico game as it looked like just another management sim at the time of the original, but heard good things. Could well end up with another bunch of games I never play on Steam, but this seems like a fairly good deal.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Worth it for Tropico 3 alone.

Wouldn't bother with the first one, since it is the same as the third one with bad graphics and annoying quirks.

The second one... its just so different. Good, but still, bad graphics, probably not worth playing.

Tropico 3, however, is win.

Comment

I've downloaded the T3 demo. Is the Absolute Power expansion any good? Games rarely keep me interested long enough for expansions, so I'll just go for T3 standalone if it's not essential.

Edit: pissflaps typing
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

There's also a sale on Tropico 4... €30... 33% off
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Tropico is a game you play one time through and enjoy it but building cities gets boring real fast unless you're into that sort of thing.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                          I've downloaded the T3 demo. Is the Absolute Power expansion any good? Games rarely keep me interested long enough for expansions, so I'll just go for T3 standalone if it's not essential.

Edit: pissflaps typing
                          I'd get it; it opens up significantly more possibilities for your island, IIRC.

Comment

I assume Tropico 4 (still) doesn´t have some nice painting tool with which you can paint over the (large or mini) map?
                            (would be useful as planning tool, for example to make crude circles on the map and mark them with "Industry goes here" "Tourism goes here" and so on)

(such a feature would definitely be a reason for me to buy Tropico 4 )
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

That is the strangest request I've ever seen.
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                              X