Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Selfish Generation

Many baby boomers don't plan to leave their children an inheritance

Unlike previous generations, some baby boomers believe they've already given their children enough, and they plan to spend the money they've saved on themselves.

Upending the conventional notion of parents carefully tending their financial estates to be passed down at the reading of their wills, many baby boomers say they instead plan to spend the money on themselves while they're alive.

In a survey of millionaire boomers by investment firm U.S. Trust, only 49% said it was important to leave money to their children when they die. The low rate was a big surprise for a company that for decades has advised wealthy people how to leave money to their heirs.

"We were like 'wow,'" said Keith Banks, U.S. Trust president.

Looks like the only thing the Baby Boomers will be leaving to future generations is the massive national debt they ran up. What a truly vile generation...

If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Keith Banks sounds like a valley girl.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

So does Drake.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I have Drake on ignore but I'm guessing he made another post about baby boomers because that never gets old.

Comment

Comment

I wasn't expecting a hand-out from my parents. They taught me self reliance, which I passed on to my daughter. My daughter is excellent, BTW.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Why are you trying to convince us?
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Baby boomers are pretty vile.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    Why are you trying to convince us?
                    I'm just stating facts. If you're convinced or not matters very little to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                      Baby boomers are pretty vile.
                      QFT

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        Keith Banks sounds like a valley girl.
                        You should see him in 'daisy duke' shorts.
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

If only youth could vote to end medicare now.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

They're just onto the fact that we plan on ditching them in old foggies homes where they will be neglected and abused by male nurses. I blame the Lifetime Channel for ruining the surprise.

Comment

The life of the average baby boomer: Despite being pampered by their parents and given every advantage in the world by their hard working parents who worked to break the depression and defeat the Axis in WW2 they were arrogant rotten little ****** as kids. Their moms stayed home to watch them and make sure they always had healthy meals to eat while their dads worked hard to support the whole family and even worked over time so their ungrateful little spawn could go to summer camps & be taken on great family vacations. The government wisely taxed the wealthy to insure they baby boomers received the best educations money could buy but what did these little bastards do in return?

They sat around smoking pot and protesting when the government actually asked them to do anything in return, they had kids out of wed lock and even when they did get married they usually got divorced in short order because these arrogant self centered ****** believed EVERYTHING was about themselves. When their parents got old rather then looking after them they promptly tossed them into old folks homes to be forgotten, they demanded ever more tax cuts for themselves thus ****ing their kids over with rotten under funded schools because, once again, they never cared about anyone but themselves. They declared bankruptcy in record numbers and never saved much of anything (while their parents dutiful saved and sacrificed for the common good) yet the endlessly demand ever more handouts from the government for themselves while SCREAMING at the top of their lungs that black people, brown people, or worst of all poor people should get any type of hand up as well. Now, after loading the country up with massive debt these douche bags won't even help their children out by leaving them a tiny inheritence because they want to die as they lived; selfish & not caring about anyone else.

The most vile, self centered, egotistical pieces of **** ever. That's the baby boomers. BTW these dumb asses make up virtually the entire Tea Party movement (The one's holding the "keep government out of my medicare"[medicare is a government program] and spreading the conspiracy theory that Obama is a secret muslim illegal alien terrorist sleeper agent [no really Fox was spreading that crap] because they can no longer publicly say they just hate black people).
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X