Follow up to previous thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow up to previous thread

I have read thru these forums and dummy me can't put together all that's here on website!!!

From my earlier thread, I can't get either the 1.11 patch to load nor the Edition: Revision 1111 to load.

I have Vista Home Premium with gobs of ram & harddisk space. I got copy of CTP2 from GOG.com; 1.1 version.

Can someone explain what I should do first, second, etc. I know Martin has answered me before, that's great!!
    Do I need the Mod swapper first??? What. This is one of the reasons I don't mod, because I don't understand all the lingo and even the basics.

If I can get 1.11 and Edition installed, what then??? Then I can install Creation & AOM??

Thanks.

Originally posted by Marshall Ney View Post
    I have read thru these forums and dummy me can't put together all that's here on website!!!

From my earlier thread, I can't get either the 1.11 patch to load nor the Edition: Revision 1111 to load.

I have Vista Home Premium with gobs of ram & harddisk space. I got copy of CTP2 from GOG.com; 1.1 version.

Can someone explain what I should do first, second, etc. I know Martin has answered me before, that's great!!
    So far the Apolyton Edition does not work for you so you still have questions. But maybe you don't know exactly what questions. The gog version comes with the patch 1.1 installed, so the patch installer will refuse to install itself, because the patch is already there. The only difference between version 1.1 and 1.11 is that the patch installer is more intelligent and refuses on less computers to install. The content is the same.

Do I need the Mod swapper first??? What. This is one of the reasons I don't mod, because I don't understand all the lingo and even the basics.

If I can get 1.11 and Edition installed, what then??? Then I can install Creation & AOM??
    For the Apolyton Edition you don't need ModSwapper. If you still want to play mods ModSwapper does what it name says, it easily swaps mods.

I recomment not to use mods if you play with Apolyton Edition, because the Apolyton Edition has many features the mods don't use. Or they even have "fixes" that conflict with the solutions in the Apolyton Edition.

- Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Okay Martin thanks; please be patient. What does the Apolyton edition do??? Just make the AI better?? That's what I have discerned. I'll try the edition again.

Comment

Okay Martin thanks; please be patient. What does the Apolyton edition do??? Just make the AI better?? That's what I have discerned. I'll try the edition again.
        It fixes a lot of things, many crashes, many user interface glitches, improves the user interface. You can play with 32 players in a single player game, even so I do not recommend it since it will eat up a little bit of your processor. It adds new civilizations, city styles, trade goods.

Basically, a mixture of bug fixes and basic mods that add some flavor to the game.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
        X