Edition:Revision1111(12-June-2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edition:Revision1111(12-June-2011)

I hope I can make myself clear. First, I am not a modder and haven't done any before!! But I bought CTP2 from gog.com earlier this week and have played; had years ago, thought so-so. Anyways, checking out GOG forum, I was led to your website and this latest update?? Or is this a mod??? I got the rar download for this, but can't get it to load into CTP2 files!! I have Vista Home Premiun and game says 1.1 version. Since there is Prgram files(x86) and GOG.com before CTP2 file, I'm wondering if that's a problem. When I unzip the file,it doesn't act like a patch, nothing loads in or over current files.

What can I do. Is there a unzip file I can use( I have always had trouble with unzip) that will get me this version??

Please be very exact in directions; you may think I will know abbreviations & lingo, but probally not.

Thanks,

JMKile

PS:This a supplement post. I tried today(aug27th) to download patch 1.11 to my version 1.1 of CTP2 and patch fires up, does search for files, but in the end says can't find!!! Can someone help with these on Vista???!!! Thanks.
    Last edited by Marshall Ney; August 27, 2011, 10:33.

Originally posted by Marshall Ney View Post

I hope I can make myself clear. First, I am not a modder and haven't done any before!! But I bought CTP2 from gog.com earlier this week and have played; had years ago, thought so-so. Anyways, checking out GOG forum, I was led to your website and this latest update?? Or is this a mod??? I got the rar download for this, but can't get it to load into CTP2 files!! I have Vista Home Premiun and game says 1.1 version. Since there is Prgram files(x86) and GOG.com before CTP2 file, I'm wondering if that's a problem. When I unzip the file,it doesn't act like a patch, nothing loads in or over current files.
    You have to unrar the files into the ctp2 folder. On Windows 98 the default path is C:\Program Files\Activision\, well I simply installed it
    C:\CTP2\, I guess the default path of the gog version on Vista is: C:\Program Files(x86)\GOG.com\ That's the folder where you have to extract the files. Then it will overwrite a bunch of files including the executable, which would be located on your computer I guess in C:\Program Files(x86)\GOG.com\ctp2_program\ctp\ctp2.exe.

Please be very exact in directions; you may think I will know abbreviations & lingo, but probally not.
    For now, it must be enough. If not you have to ask again and may have to learn something about your computer. And then you can tell me where the music files in the gog version are located and how those are called.

-Martin
    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; August 27, 2011, 16:36.
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I have tried and tried everything, and still not downloading correctly; Idon't know what to do. With the 1.11 patch I get an aaplication file, but when it fires up after box for lanquage, it gives me an error message that can't verify location for CTP2!! I try with zipping directly into directory but no go. This what I think directory is: C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp\ctp2.exe
      I have tried manually getting rar into this also and keeps saying access denied.I 'm blitzed now. Any help again much appriciated.

Comment

I have tried manually getting rar into this also and keeps saying access denied.
        That's the problem. You have to get the permissions to overwrite the files. Either login as administrator if you aren't logged in as administrator or get the right permissions. I guess google can find some answers for that. Let me know if you found something and whether it was helpful.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
        X