Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paradox announces new turn based strategy game with magic; spiritual MoM successor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradox announces new turn based strategy game with magic; spiritual MoM successor?

Paradox announced earlier tonight that they will publish a new turn based strategy game where the goal is to use magic and armies to become the sole Warlock of the lands. Not much is known yet, but one of the devs said the game is not a successor, but based on, a classic 90s game. Spiritual MoM successor anyone...?

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/26/paradox-interactive-announces-turn-based-strategy-game-warlock/

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

I'm tired of hearing about "spiritual successors" to Master of Magic.

Make a sequel or don't.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

That, I guess, is a question of money and rights.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Don't Paradox games outside of their AAA titles (Europa Universalis, HoI, and Victoria) really really suck ass?
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

No, Magica has become one of their most successful games either, and Ardania, which is the Magica world, has spawned a few spinoffs. Among them this game. Mount & Blade has done very well for itself too. The rest has had mixed success AFAIK, but not less than that PI has had a huge financial growth the last few years. IIRC, last year their growth was some 60-70% and the year before it was 50%. Btw, I find it interesting that ca 90% of PI's revenue is from digital download according to their CEO. I guess there is better margins there.

EDIT: Btw ,you forgot the last of their "AAA titles", Crusader Kings. That game kicks ass.

Comment

Hexes! First day purchase.

Then I'll play it 18 months later after several pay-to-patch expansions have been released.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

The narrator sounds a bit like Sean Connery
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Maybe because it is him.

Comment

Its not. It is the same Voice that did the Narrator in Majesty 2.
                  Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                    That, I guess, is a question of money and rights.
                    Atari has the rights, but I'm sick of the Spiritual successor label. LET us, the game players, decide that after the game is released.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I hated the fake Sean Connery accent.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Sean Connery himself is awesome though.
                        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie View Post
                          Hexes! First day purchase.

Then I'll play it 18 months later after several pay-to-patch expansions have been released.
                          I'm in the beta and other then the game crashing every two hours or so it is completely playable now.

Comment

I hope they do it justice, nothing can beat MOM, that was one-of-a-kind.
                            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy View Post
                              I hope they do it justice, nothing can beat MOM, that was one-of-a-kind.
                              I believe they have done it justice.

I have played a lot of MoM in the last year and the balance is awful. More then once I wished for an updated version of the game with hexes, updated graphics, and better balance but no other changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X