Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feels like the Eagles are getting talked about a lot but they are the team making all the big moves.

Former Packers DT Cullen Jenkins has signed with the Eagles.

Mike Sims-Walker signed with the St. Louis Rams.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Sims-Walker to St. Louis is huge.

If you remember back to the begining of the season, the Rams aquired WR Mark Clayton from the Ravens (I think) just before the season started. With Bradford throwing the ball, Clayton exploded as one othe top WRs then got injured in week 3 or 4 ending his season. With Clayton back to full and now adding Sims-Walker, the Rams have a very potent receiving duo.

By the way, Arizona, with Kolb, isn't even going to win the division, much less make the playoffs. The Rams are going to win the NFC West and surprize alot of people.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Kreutz likely not coming back to Bears. Already telling others on team he won't be back. More trouble on the O-line.

Comment

WTF, Bears!

I know he's aging, not Pro Bowl caliber these days, but experience is invaluable on the O-line, especially at center, where Kreutz routinely called the adjustments and hot reads. Not to mention, he ruled in the locker room. It would be sad to see a true leader walk.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            Those little guys stick together.
            Enough about Flutie and BK already....oh, you meant ........

/me
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Kreutz even said he would take a one year deal for less than he made last year, but Bears said no. Door is still open, until he signs elsewhere, but it doesn't look good. Now they'll have to figure out what to do there.

Then they go and sign another Dallas castoff, Marion Barber. But at least that should be an upgrade from Chester Taylor. Also got DT Amobi Okoye from Houston

Comment

Vernon Gholston, Amobi Okoye, Roy Williams... The Bears are stockpiling first round busts?
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

If ind it funny that apparently working with Reid makes Vince Young good, but not Kolb.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Roy Williams stunk up the joint in Dallas, but he had good years in Detroit. He's big and could answer the challenge. I think it was worth the Bears gambling.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Plaxico Burress has returned to New York.... as a Jet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                        Enough about Flutie and BK already....oh, you meant ........

/me
                        Originally referring to Brees and Sproles, two more undersized NFL successes on the BK Love Train.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Brandon Marshall has Borderline Personality Disorder:

The Dolphins' wide receiver says he was diagnosed earlier this year with borderline personality disorder, which has been known to stem from things such as unstable personal relationships, a negative self-image and a fear of failure. He made the decision to go public with the issue to raise awareness, and says he plans to eventually lobby Congress for funding to assist research efforts.

"For so long, I've been just trying to get help. I've been seeking help," Marshall said after practice Sunday during an interview session where he spoke for more than 30 minutes, the first 20 or so without taking a single question. "I've been talking with doctors since I've been in the NFL. No one has ever helped me. So I was praying there was a treatment out there for what I suffered from and there was."

Marshall told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel for a story published Sunday that he has spent $60,000 on treatment for the disorder, which according to the National Institute on Mental Health is "a serious mental illness characterized by pervasive instability in moods, interpersonal relationships, self-image, and behavior."

"BPD is a well understood psychological disorder. It's not a form of misbehavior," Mary Zanarini, a professor of psychology at Harvard Medical School who treated Marshall this summer, told the newspaper.

The NIMH says the disorder affects about 1 in 50 adults, making it more common than schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.

"There comes a time in a guy like myself's life, with everything that I've been through, that you become bulletproof to the critics and to what the world thinks of you," Marshall said. "Right now, today, I am vulnerable. I am making myself vulnerable. And I want it to be clear that this is the opposite of damage control. The only reason why I'm standing here today is to use my story to help others who may suffer from what I suffer from."

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            Originally referring to Brees and Sproles, two more undersized NFL successes on the BK Love Train.
                            That's funny:

Drew Brees: Height: 6-0
                            Mike Vick: Height: 6-0

Oh right. Vick killed precious dogs so he doesn't get the Ben idol treatment.

Comment

• Former Arizona RB Tim Hightower was traded to the Redskins for 14-year veteran DE Vonnie Holliday and a draft pick.

Seahawks cut star LB Lofa Tatupu.

Comment

• Bears sign former Seahawks Center Spencer, so Kreutz is done in Chicago.
                                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X