This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "NFL Football is Back!" 2011 Season Thread

The vote is in. This is a done deal. Rookies can sign starting Tuesday; free agency opens Friday. Camps open Friday.

NFL players unanimously ratify new the CBA

NFL Network confirmed at 1:50PM ET Monday that the league's players have unanimously ratified the new, ten-year Collective Bargaining Agreement.

The report comes via NFL Network's Albert Breer, who covered the labor negotiation developments more closely than any reporter in the nation. The lockout is over and football is back, with only the Hall of Fame Game and OTAs lost. The rest of the preseason and regular season will both begin on schedule. As noted previously, free agent negotiations will begin on Tuesday, and those players can sign Friday beginning at 6PM ET.
    Jul 25, 1:53 PM
    and

Players can report to their facilities for voluntary conditioning on Tuesday, and beginning at 10AM tomorrow all rookie draft picks and unsigned rookie free agents can begin signing. (It will be a hectic day, also including the opening of all negotiations with veteran free agents and the allowance of trades.) Beginning Thursday, NFL teams can waive and release players. Full-blown free agency opens on Friday evening, the same day most players can begin reporting to training camp.
    Let the games begin!
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Jrabbit, Imran has been just changing the thread title. If you notice, the thread says Offseason but it was started in September. I guess it is huge enough that we could start a new thread for the new league year, though.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Obviously, this is my thinking. Easier on the server, too.
      If Imran wants to merge them, I certainly won't care. His call.
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Would you believe the other thread has 3,492 replies and 1,287 are my posts?

That thread is 37% Al B. Sure! content!
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Football.

And yea, that is a tad ridiculous. How many of those posts were arguing with Ben about something?
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Don't mind a new thread. Just continue posting in this one.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Thx, Imran.

Comment

Rumor has it the Bears are interested in Brad Smith... how many kick returners with questionable hands do the Bears need?

Did Al Davis secretly buy the Bears?

Comment

Although Brad Smith would be an upgrade on Todd Collins as a backup QB

Comment

Derrick Mason is expected to be released by the Ravens, along with Todd Heap, Willis McGahee, and Kelly Gregg. I'm shocked. Derrick Mason has continued to be productive into his advanced age. Definitely always been an underrated talent.

Comment

Is it any wonder that you have 37% of the posts in the last thread when you have three consecutive posts in the new thread? Trying to increase your post count?

/me
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                        Is it any wonder that you have 37% of the posts in the last thread when you have three consecutive posts in the new thread? Trying to increase your post count?

/me
                        3 posts spread over 46 minutes.

Comment

Is that a justification or a confirmation of his statement?
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Everyone else gets 15 minutes to respond to Alby's posts. If no one does, he posts again.

Comment

NFL free agency, trades flowchart
                              "Do you hate America? ..."
                              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
                              X