Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, it's because I'm neither a basketball fan, particularly, nor a hockey fan. Baseball, more so. For me, it's more or less just biding time until football.
    Your dumbass remarks are wrong yet again.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Clearly you should watch more rugby.
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Baseball.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Belichick to his players late in the game:

"This is still a Cruz and Nicks game. I mean, I know we're right on 'em; it's tight. But those are still the guys. Make 'em go to Manningham, make 'em go to Pascoe, alright? But let's make sure we get Cruz and Nicks."
          And the rest is history:

Also, this:

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• That Manningham throw - and catch - was fantastic at both ends. Totally precision, totally clutch.

And yeah, if Welker had "clutched" that pass that was a little high and a little behind him a few minutes earlier, the game would probably have had a different outcome entirely.
            Fun fact: it was the only pass longer than 10 yards that Welker dropped all season.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Sources told the NFL Network the Steelers had decided not to pick up the roster bonus for Ward, who was moved out of the starting lineup last season for the first time since he was a rookie.
              It seems to me like they would re-sign him for less.
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Pittsburgh has a ton of talented young WRs and are WAY over the cap. If they sign him for the vet minimum, that's basically a WR4, and those roster slots are for special teams contributors.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  Pittsburgh has a ton of talented young WRs and are WAY over the cap. If they sign him for the vet minimum, that's basically a WR4, and those roster slots are for special teams contributors.
                  A Steelers fan I know doesn't think they'd re-sign him. He said Hines Ward said the Steelers were re-structuring contracts earlier in the week and they have not contacted him. Looks like Hines may be gone, after all.

Comment

• Veteran defensive tackle Tommie Harris is mourning the loss of his wife Ashley, who was 29. She was found unresponsive on Friday and passed away on Sunday. Doctors suspect a stroke or a brain aneurysm, but an official cause of death has not been determined.

Ashley and Tommie married in January. Their second child was born four months ago.

Comment

• Yes, I saw that. Very sad news esp. right after the birth of the second child.

Comment

• Redskins SS Laron Landry's on that David Boston... I see a suspension coming:

Comment

• This could be a hell of a draft for the Rams.

The St. Louis Rams have decided to trade the No. 2 pick, league sources said Monday.

According to sources, the Rams already have had trade discussions with the Cleveland Browns (No. 4), Washington Redskins (No. 6) and Miami Dolphins (No. 8), each of whom is scheduled to pick in the top eight in April's draft.

The Rams, who already have quarterback and 2010 top pick Sam Bradford, also have discussed a potential trade with teams outside the top 10, according to a source, but it will be challenging for one to surrender enough compensation to vault to the second overall pick.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Looks like the minimum buy-in is 2 first-rounders.

To trade out of the No. 2 overall selection, ESPN's Adam Schefter expects the Rams to receive a draft-pick haul similar to what the Chargers received in the 2004 Eli Manning trade. In exchange for the right to move up to No. 1 overall, the Giants surrendered two first-round picks, a third-rounder, and a fifth-rounder to San Diego.
                            I think we've reached the point where a new thread is called for. Let's put 2011 to bed.

Comment

Working...
                            X