X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you high?
    Hrm? No.

On defense, they added Jason Babin fresh off a 12.5 sack Pro Bowl season to pair with 2-time Pro Bowler Trent Cole. They added big Cullen Jenkins fresh off 7 sacks last year with Green Bay to their defensive line, as well. In the secondary, they had Pro Bowler Asante Samuel but he's now the freaking nickelback behind the best CB in the league, Nnamdi Asomugha, and another Pro Bowl CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.
    Ok.

On offense, the explosive Desean Jackson and Lesean McCoy, the very good Jeremy Maclin and Brent Celek, and the sure-handed Jason Avant weren't enough... They added the Giants franchise leader in season receptions Steve Smith and Pro Bowl runningback Ronnie Brown.
    Ok.

Dude, this is insanity. The team was a playoff team last year and it has added a whole another team's worth of stars
    The Chargers have more talent, and they, like the Eagles were on the outside, looking in. The Chargers also have a legit first string QB.

Are the Eagles a playoff team? No, not yet. They haven't proven that they can do it in the crunch, and that's where they've consistantly come up short.

At least with McNabb, the Eagles were a contender every year. Vick so far hasn't proven that he's got what it takes to carry the Eagles all the way.

From what I can see, there's at least 3 NFC teams that are better then the Eagles. The Saints, Falcons, and the Packers are all better.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• You know, last year, the Eagles offense was based on Kolb but Vick just took it over. Now, Andy Reid has had a full year to figure out how to build an offense around Vick.
      So that's your excuse?

A carousel isn't good for building a team together. The problem with Vick is that he's not a 'force multiplier', like all the top tier QBs. The job of a QB is to make everyone else that much better. Vick doesn't do that.

Look at Rivers. He lost his first string RB, TE and his first and second and third string wide receivers and still put up career numbers.

It doesn't matter how many weapons you surround Vick with because he doesn't use them effectively.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        They can be the Miami Heat of the NFL.
        Or the Phillies of the NFL...
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          The Chargers have more talent,
          No. They don't. They really really don't.

and they, like the Eagles were on the outside, looking in.
          The Chargers didn't make the playoffs last year. The Eagles did. What the hell are you talking about?

Are the Eagles a playoff team? No, not yet.
          What the ****? They made the playoffs last year! Lost in the final seconds to the Super Bowl champs. Riley Cooper makes that catch (or Akers doesn't miss two field goals) and the Eagles win. The Packers go home.

At least with McNabb, the Eagles were a contender every year. Vick so far hasn't proven that he's got what it takes to carry the Eagles all the way.
          He's had one season where he didn't even begin the year as a starter and the Eagles made the playoffs. What the hell are you talking about?

Dude, Philip Rivers is 3-4 in the playoffs. Vick is 2-3. It's not like Rivers turns on in the playoffs
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

The problem with Vick is that he's not a 'force multiplier', like all the top tier QBs.
            Vick, Vince Young, or any other mobile QB, adds another player to the offense. By being on the field, defenses are forced to put a man in spy or containment which means one less defensive player in coverage or blitzing. Having a mobile QB turns what is otherwise a 10 on 11 game in favor of the defense into an 11 on 11. It means instead of a maximum of 5 guys who can catch or run, you have 6. That is huge. It tilts the balance of the game of football in favor of the offense.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
              You must love being a Giants fan.
              Jerry Reese has been a great GM since he took over but this offseason has been miserable. Both of Eli's short targets are gone, with Smith and Kevin Boss to Oakland. Manningham is a deep threat and while Nicks has the skills to be a complete receiver, we haven't seen him be much more than a deep threat and red zone target, either. It's worrisome because Eli has always had a security blanket whether it was Shockey, Toomer, Tiki, or more recently, Smith and Boss. And Steve Smith was a die-hard Giant who was a rookie on the SB-winning team. And he was signed for peanuts by the Eagles. The Giants weren't willing to give him $2 million, probably less with the 'hometown' discount? REALLY?!

They bring in the underwhelming Ben Patrick who retires the day after Kevin Boss goes to Oakland. Apparently, Patrick only wanted to be a Giant to be team-mates with Boss!

Then, Umenyiora made a fuss about his contract and now he's unsurprisingly injured. Prince Amukamara is also hurt and may miss the season!

Half the offensive line was released... Shaun O'Hara, Rich Seubert, Shawn Andrews. The backups are getting promoted and guys like David Diehl are getting shuffled. This had been possibly the best offensive line in football both in pass protection and in run blocking over the past few years, too.

There have been only 4 FA acquisitions who didn't retire immediately... David Baas who will now be the starting center, David Carr (), some backup nose-tackle, and a punter.

The Giants have never been a flashy FA team but this is the worst offseason in recent memory.

Fortunately, Eli is still there. Manningham/Nicks are still there. The runningbacks are still there. And Tuck/Kiwanuka are still there. As long as those guys stay healthy, the Giants will be fine.

Comment

• No. They don't. They really really don't.
                Sproles, Mathews and Tolbert at RB?

Jackson, Floyd, Gates

Rivers at QB.

They are still the most stacked team on offense.

Comment

• Vick, Vince Young, or any other mobile QB, adds another player to the offense.
                  You miss the point. For the Eagles to be strong they have to take advantage of their weapons. They don't *need* Vick to run the ball, they need a pocket passer who will distribute the ball to all the WRs, like Brees, Rivers, Manning, Brady, etc. Someone who's willing to take an ego check and hand off to his RBs. Vick's a very bad fit for this Eagles' team.

Him runnning takes away from the team as a whole, and actually weakens the RBs and WRs.

That is huge. It tilts the balance of the game of football in favor of the offense.
                  Yeah, you put a man on Vick and then you don't have to worry about a WR and a RB, meaning that it's 11 on 9 with Vick out there.

Comment

Sproles, Mathews and Tolbert at RB?

Jackson, Floyd, Gates

Rivers at QB.

They are still the most stacked team on offense.
                    Sproles plays for the Saints, dumbass.

Matthews did nothing last year and he's stinking it up in camp. Mike Tolbert is a running fullback.

What has Malcom Floyd done? He's never had more than 45 catches for 776 yards. In 6 years, he's totaled 2314 career yards.

Vincent Jackson is no better than Desean Jackson, in all honesty. There are too many WR's in the NFL who are clearly better than Vincent Jackson. Vincent Jackson has averaged 608 yards per season over 6 years. He's mediocre at best.

Most stacked team on offense? Is this a joke? Dude, they have Rivers and Gates. Everyone else is mediocre.

Comment

• Matthews did nothing last year and he's stinking it up in camp. Mike Tolbert is a running fullback.
                      Tolbert did about as well as McCoy did last year and Mathews is young and healthy as opposed to Ronnie Brown.

What has Malcom Floyd done? He's never had more than 45 catches for 776 yards. In 6 years, he's totaled 2314 career yards.
                      Yeah, and like Vick, hasn't played a full season.

Vincent Jackson is no better than Desean Jackson, in all honesty. There are too many WR's in the NFL who are clearly better than Vincent Jackson.
                      That seems about right to me.

Most stacked team on offense? Is this a joke? Dude, they have Rivers and Gates. Everyone else is mediocre
                      And the Eagles have Vick and Celek. The Chargers are vastly superior to the Eagles at two crucial positions and just as strong as them on the other two.

Comment

• Tolbert did about as well as McCoy did last year and Mathews is young and healthy as opposed to Ronnie Brown.
                        What the **** are you talking about?

Mike Tolbert: 735 yards rushing; 25 catches for 216; 11 total TD's
                        LeSean McCoy: 1080 yards rushing; 78 catches for 592; 9 total TD's

Dude, what do you mean did about as well?

Yeah, and like Vick, hasn't played a full season.
                        What are you talking about? Vick played all 16 games in 2006 and played 15 games in 2002, 2004, and 2005. Malcom Floyd, meanwhile, played all 16 games in 2009.

Comment

• Dude, what do you mean did about as well?
                          On a per-game basis (which is what you love), yeah he did about as well. Scored more TDs too.

What are you talking about? Vick played all 16 games in 2006 and played 15 games in 2002, 2004, and 2005. Malcom Floyd, meanwhile, played all 16 games in 2009.
                          So they've both got extensive injury histories. I rest my case.

Comment

• Albert you really think that Vick is as good at football as Roy Halladay is at baseball?

Comment

Him runnning takes away from the team as a whole, and actually weakens the RBs and WRs.

Yeah, you put a man on Vick and then you don't have to worry about a WR and a RB, meaning that it's 11 on 9 with Vick out there.
                              Will someone PLEASE take the glue bottle away from Ben?
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• You can't, it's stuck to his nose.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X